Buying an LS 400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rontorr

Hi, I'm new here. I am going to buy a 97 - 2000 LS 400 here in Thailand. Are there any things that I should be watching out for when looking? I have heard about the Climate Control LCD. At what mileage do the timing belts need to be replaced?
Here, most of them are advertised for $28-30,000 US, which may sound like(is) a lot, but a new base LS goes for about $300,000 US, yes that is hundreds of thousands. For that kind of money I need to know what I am getting into, But I know the overall rep of this car's reliability, and I am tired of diesels and 4s and V6s with NO TORQUE! My other choice was a BMW 740 or 750, but parts are a @#! to find, and a lot of them are running around here with 2JZ or 1UZs in them, so I might as well just get a car with an original 1UZ in it anyway, better car, too. Can anyone tell me what year the beverage cooler became an option?

Hi,
Usually after 60,000 to 90,000 miles (approximately 96,000 to 144,000 KM), The timing belt is need to be replaced.
You can also check this in the owners manual when you will buy ls400.
Thanks

the 100K km service include the timing belt, pulleys, tension spring, and water pump you may change the front crank oil sealing and the spark plugs BTW.
transmission oil (Type T) along with filter.

check the suspension health... is it air or coils?

In the US the 98-00 have the VVTi engine, the 5 speed automatic and the body style and slight interior changes, 290hp, 300tq.

The 95-97 had the 260hp, 270tq engine with the 4 speed transmission.

Hi it would be possible that the previous owner did change the timing belt before....
You should check this first if is would create some trouble then you should change this one otherwise no need to do extra work on it.....