You can now upload pictures directly to the Lextreme server!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
We are working on it. Did u try to upload from your computer? when u click post reply (not quick reply) u should see the attachement mananger.

OK Im having trouble with posting pictures
Can you only post pictures by going through the attach files, file manager?
But when I do that it takes the pictures directly off my computer without them being hosted elsewhere...
Can someone please give me some explicit instruction on how to post a picture hosted how mybranisimmense said in the first post on this thread?

using
tags so that I can just type the link whilst im typing the message/reply and that it will post the picture up?
Hopefully that isnt too confusing for someone to help me

Logan

I can attach pictures using the attach files option on this site
But that doesnt help if I want to post on other sites as they dont have that option

I have uploaded pictures to the lextreme.com site and tried to use the http://www.lextreme.com/members/(yourimagehere)
method of posting them but it doesnt seem to be working

I dont think its working on other sites either

Logan

Here's what I've found after quite a bit of testing various pic uploads:

1. Your jpg or jpeg file should not exceed 293kB. If it does, the forum software will automatically resize your pic to be less than 293kB. Don't even bother with BMP's or GIF's as the file size limits are ridiculously low. Convert your pics to JPG.

2. Pics with a "portrait" orientation will upload, but will not display, ie the width resolution must be greater than the height. In other words a pic with 800x600 res will display, but 600x800 will not.

3. Perfectly square pics ie 800x800 will not display (see #2), however a pic that is 800x799 will. See the last 2 pics in the series below. The set of intake trumpets that is displaying correctly was a pic that I resized to 800x799 pixels. The very last one which isn't displaying is the same pic at 800x800. A change of 1 pixel made the difference!

4. Nearly any resolution can be uploaded as long as it meets the above requirements. I have just uploaded 1280x1024 and 1600x1200 with no problems. The new forum software automatically resizes the pics to 800x600 res so they don't exceed the "normal" margins of your screen.

So, if you want to upload a pic that is taller than it is wide, you'll have to crop it down until the height is somewhat smaller than the width. MS Photo Editor does a pretty good job of this, and it's free. Some of the other "free" resizer programs will reduce the size, but will keep the aspect ratio, and this won't work.

All this is based on "attaching" photos to a post. I haven't tried uploading via FTP and linking, as mybrainisimmense described in the first post of this thread.

I investigative work. I was wondering why its causing that. I tried to work with my server and they couldnt find out the cause of it. I also noticed some can view (perhaps different brower) and some can not. I am still little puzzled. Nice work John.

Thanks John!

Hope the server can straighten this out - weird - .

OMG! you're the V12 guy!

I read your build article online last month - downloaded all your .jpgs!

WoW........ brush with Greatness :) 'Da Bimm-Wah V12 Bruisah '' .....

My Beemer experience - in 2 wheel format - a 'Werks' 1977 BMW R100RS motorcycle - flat twin I built while in college. I sourced my parts from the
Importer Butler & Smith - Udo Gietl, then in charge of their RoadRace Program,
just down the road apiece from Home........ Udos' a Gent. He went with HONDA RoadRace in the later years -

His machines took Daytona twice in the mid 1970s - needless to say, I was never late for my early Econ. class !

Oddly enough, the BMW flat twin engine cylinders in the R90S - were 90mm -
with an overbore of 91mm - up from their biggest 750cc piston of some 85.mm
prior.

When they bumped this to 94mm using the older style steel sleeves & 90s style pistons - they had engine failures.

These were the 'Race Only' engines - campaigning the
Euro RoadRace Circuits.

I believe Udo sourced L.A. Sleeve Co. and Venolia Pistons to solve the problem - as the R100S came out in 1977 with a 94mm bore and pistons were 'slipper style' construction then.

Stroke is 70.6 on these engines.

Odd that Toyota has chosen the same Bore sizes for their Auto Engines -
something to do with 'Dynamics' and piston skirt sizing ?

The New BMW Twin engines run 100mm 'slipper' pistons - won't be suprised to see this size appear in some Totyota 'efforts' later on .......;)

Ummm, Brien don't depend on the server..... Crop your photos to make sure they aren't portrait orientation before you attach them and they should be fine.

My M70 V12 has a bore/stroke of 84/75mm and cylinder spacing of 91mm (same as the M20). We're going to punch the bores out to 86mm using steel sleeves (also to eliminate the Alusil), and stroke it to 79mm using an 850ci crank. Should be good for around 5.5 litres.

I've had this build on hold for a few months as I thought I had a line on a N73 6.0 litre quadcam motor at a reasonable price, but it looks like it's fallen through, so I'll probably be diving into this again soon.

With my typical luck, the day we finish with this motor and I get the bill for $25K, a low mileage N73 will come up on eBay with a "Buy it Now" price of $10K. Ask me how p*ssed off I'll be.........

Anyway, this is way OT for this thread, so good luck with attaching pics!

OT ? we're in General Discussions........... it's ALL good !

The AluSil or NiKisil as it is in the BMW bike engines is rated
quite good !

The weight savings alone is incredible!

Heat dissipation / bore conformity / warm up with Forged Pistons........

I picked up one steel sleeved barrel & your wrist gives way !

You can 'toss' a NiKisil around easily - and for the marginal bore
gain - ........ I'd need convincing - :Eyecrazy:

You ARE going to pressurize this monster - Yes ?

I've a .wav file of an Me-109 being 'Fired' & warming up -...... in case your Homesick ;) :yeah: