Working on the 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zhagg

Ok, so I'm used to working on my Honda. I'm going to buy an SC400 in the near future. Are the 1uzfe engines a PITA to work on? They look pretty complex and the SC400 engine bays look very hectic and cramped... I'm a little scared to think about working on that after getting used to the simplicity of the Honda engine setup and the relatively open engine bay. Am I just getting scared for no reason or is there reason to be scared?

Zhagg,

1UZFE is a very friendly to work on. Its a V8, it has double of what honda has. Just think of it like you are working on two Honda engines at once. If you can work on Honda, you will have no problem with 1UZFE.

Ya, like Lex said its not as bad as it looks. I too thought it was going to be hard but iv done ALOT of work on my motor, both performance and mantinance and its not that bad.

whew... Well, that's good to know. I figured it would be one of those engines that just fall apart when you work on them (all the plastic stuff breaks and stuff like that) or that the engine arrangement is so cramped that it makes working on it next to impossible... I'm glad to hear that it's not all that crazy! I'm really excited to go get and SC400!!

Nothing breaks or anything like that, there are just quite a few cramped areas. Not too bad though - every car has it's pita bolts.

What are you going to do now that you stepped away from lawn mower engines into the world of Toyota?