cold start not working

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

swampdog

hi there,i put up a little intro in the general discussion section a little while ago and was directed here

i've had a 1uzfe fitted into my mk4 hilux extracab but the cold start doesn't work.
i've done a bit of research and from that have changed the temp sender.
this had no effect.(it was a pattern part,and i'm gonna get an origional one as i hear the control system is very sensitive to the resistances put out by these,just to be sure,but i don't think my issue lies here)
my next step was to change the idle control valve(on the front of the inlet manifold).this told me that some signals are getting through. after fitting the new(secondhand)valve,she started lovely,but after turning off the ignition and trying again,it failed to start. this told me that signals are getting through to shut the valve down,but isn't getting any to open up.

the engine came out of a toyota Celsior with twin throttle butterflys, that is registered as a '95,but is an import to the uk so could be different.

any help as to where i need to be looking would be massively appreciated,would the o2 censors have anything to do with it?

it runs smooooth as when warm,although i have had to adjust the butterfly stop so it is open just a tad more to get it to idle,which is why i'm convinced it is something to do with the idle control valve.

regards, Gary.

i've spoke to the guy who installed it,(we're are in constant contact)and he swears it's nothing to do with the install as it doesn't touch any of the engine managment circuits,

i'd really like to know how you fix these probs all the time,as it's the one thing stopping it from being better than a stock fitted engine,after 1000's of miles now it's the only issue i have,which for a modded truck,that's amazing,usually there's always something that says it's not meant to be there,lol.

it's not a great issue...but at the same time i know it's not right so at the stage now where i really want to sort it.

I run a business and make my primary income from 1uz's so charge for fixing issues like this one. I have a simple test to check the wiring system and if that is the problem I have a set of instructions to fix it. Done a few over the internet now.

Cheers

Im still thinking the guy that wired it did it wrong. Ill make you a deal. Flick me a email via [email protected] I will give you a test to do which gives a good indication of weather it is wired correctly or not. If it is right then you have other issues. If it is wrong take it back to the guy that wired it and get him to sort it. That part I dont charge for. If he cant sort it let me make a few dollars and ill teach you how to fix it.

Ive watched people get free advice and go around and around in circles with free advice then pay for the correct advice and sort it over a weekend.

Cheers

Ok Mr Gloverman, thank you very much.

Totally respect the fact it is your bread and butter, and appreciate any help.as my dad used to say, my tools come free, you are paying for my time and knowledge.(just never came across it on a forum before.)
And I get what you're saying about going round in circles (seen it a few times).

I will drop you an email tonight when I finish work.
Once again, many thanks.

Gary.