wiring help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hiluxmad

Does anyone have pics of what the check conectors on kdogs wiring diagrams look like or could tell me where to look? also where is the fuel pump speed control relay and what does it look like?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Im tryin to make sure i have every thing i need before i send the leftovers of the cut to sydney for one of the other members.

Peewee said:
Found a Soarer at a wreckers today.
Got the FPC out of it.
I paid through the nose @ $75 but meh, means it all wires up as per factory.

fpc_1.jpg

fpc_2.jpg

hiluxmad, This pic may help the controller it is usually between the rear of the passenger door and the wheel arch next to the rear seat, just below the window.

Regards
Lambo

check connector is on drivers side under steering wheel some where, also one under bonnet, fuel pump speed relay is in the box under hood with all them other ones, it just switches a resister which is alloy box mounted near relay housing, it is not needed

You'll find the check connector or Diagnostics plug on the engine doesn't need any wiring as it's integrated into the engine loom on the engine. Don't worry about it.

The engine check light will need 12v switched power but that's about the only work you need to do on the diagnostics side.

Don't worry about the one near the steering wheel it gets left behind with the rest of the chassis loom.

hiluxmad - it's a good idea to maintain the check connectors (aka - diagnostics ports etc etc) as they have a couple of connections on them which are very useful for EFI diagnosis BEYOND the simple CEL error codes from the ECU.

THe biggest of which is serial data. THe ecu actually gives out serial data which indicated what it is doing based on the sensors/signals it is reading whilst operating.

I just think they are a good idea to keep. The two in the UZS131 that i'm aware of are just above the accelerator pedal in the underdash trim, and another in the engine bay attached to the intake manifold..... **oops just noticed this was already posted**

i agree that you really only need one of them, especially considering the in cabin diagnostics connector is part of the chassis loom and annoying to rewire!

P.S. hope all is going well with the conversion!!!

The Witzl,

I'm not sure if you're aware but Toyotas readers don't work on Crown engines. They can check an LS400 delivered to Trinidad but not a Crown.

Workshops with "Mountain Equipment" It's a common proprietery brand, can read the ports.

thanks lambo, but i think iit is different on the crown cuts and i only have front cut. apparently it is under the bonnet somewheres.06-13-2005 01:02 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but here's a pics of where it is if that helps.

Cheers.

Webbie,

In your photo you've highlighted the fuel pump speed resistor.

The diagnostic port (or plug) is on the extreme left. It's the light grey box beside the plenum.

That's what they were asking about in the start of the thread. Well, that's what hiluxmad was refering to when he replied it was under the bonnet.

But anyway, here's a pic of the check connector so we dont get confused any more
icon_smile.gif

there is 2 diagnostic ports

one next to engine which is mainly for gettin codes

i also have fitted the one under the dash this way i can connect my snap on scanner and read live data from it as i drive

hiluxmad - it's a good idea to maintain the check connectors (aka - diagnostics ports etc etc) as they have a couple of connections on them which are very useful for EFI diagnosis BEYOND the simple CEL error codes from the ECU.

THe biggest of which is serial data. THe ecu actually gives out serial data which indicated what it is doing based on the sensors/signals it is reading whilst operating.
That's what i told them too..

Attachments

• a340hvalvebodysmall.jpg
    a340hvalvebodysmall.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 69
  • a341evalvebodysmall.jpg
    a341evalvebodysmall.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 70
  • autos.jpg
    autos.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 69
  • 89to95a340hauto.jpg