Wiring help with fox body 1uz mustang/lexstang

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Maintman

Ok so I've made room in my garage for the transplant. I'm not entirly electronically retarded but do need some expert advice. I'd like to know beforehand what to pull and what to save. I have a 1991 ls400 donor car that I would like to leave in as complete electronic condition as I can while pulling all that I need to run the 1uz in the mustang body.

I'd like to leave the parts that make it inspectable intact onthe ls400 ( the idea is to put a carburated 350 chevy in the ls400 and not have to rewire all the accessories

I relize I'll prob need a second computer for this and am wondering what the diff between the three generations are as far as tuning and if there is noticible change in performance when dealing with sc ECM vs ls ECM aswhich is better.

Any diagrams and explination would be helpful anything I can eliminate or modify to improve performance and overall ease of this endevor would be welcome

Last edited:
Now with respect to the trans wiring the car I'm using has the shift lockout feature and the Ect power/norm switch. Do/will these engage without the dash being wired in the loop, basically does the light have to com on or if u push the button does it activate? Or will I need to wire in an indicator?

can i ask why is the mustang a v-6 just wandering why you would go to the lexus motor. there are so many aftermarket parts for the mustang motor. you could build it for much cheaper. so just wandering why this swap would even come up. is it just to be different!!

Too many 5.0s out there

True u can put any multitude of ford engine tranny combos in the fox body, I should know this is the 7 the fox mustang I've owned n had everything from a 2.3 4cyl to a 7.3 v8 in one.

That being said isn't this a 1uzfe specific website devoted to Lexus powertrain?honestly with a little know how and some hard work the 2-3k invested in putting a turbo 1uz in this mustang will net me a lot more reliable horsepower especially since I intend on drifting this car.

Plus the 1 uz is miles ahead of the 302 and 4.6 modular motors and will run for many more of them than the ford counterpart.

Plus it will look bad ass with thehood off and I still have the adjustability in the ford rear bc i havnt fount shit for gear sets for Lexus

Yes I'm excited about this one, I've been looking for reliable power to drift a mustang and yes it is to be a little diff

I once pit a 351 m out of a ltd w bb c-6 trans in a 1/2 ton Nissan pickup w the fordspindles and 9" outback it made for a neat rat rod since I had to cut the front end sheetmetal off it to fit but man the heads turned and that's what I like