Will 2UZ headers fit a 1UZ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

leeky

Sorry guys, simple question here and im hoping you'll say yes as i have found a set of performance Tundra 2UZ headers and im assuming the 1UZ, 2UZ and 3UZ are all pretty much the same engine exhaust wise.

Anyone?

cheers

Lee

Yes 2uzfe headers will fit the 1uzfe heads. Just make sure the other parts of the headers clean your frame. The bolt pattern to the heads are the same but little different configuration due to different car body.

As David said, they will physically bolt to the block but the truck headers will not fit in any car application that I have seen. There are other better headers from a fitment point of view. While you could start with the truck headers and cut them appart and re-route tubes... you will be better off buying a header to fit your car.

Thanks guys.

Seeing as im putting the 1UZ into a MK2 Supra im sure that there wont be any off the shelf headers anyway that will fit without modification so im thinking for the price i'll take a chance on these and see how i go.

I was going to get the rush headers but they are very expensive and may not fit just the same. Better to chop up a cheap set of headers first i think.

Just out of interest the Tundra headers on ebay...whats the flow like on them? i mean how good are they?

lee

have you considered the s and s headers

Attachments

• COP10.JPG
    COP10.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 66
  • COP30.JPG
    COP30.JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 58
  • COP60.JPG
    COP60.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 42
  • COP70.JPG
    COP70.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 42
  • COP80.JPG
    COP80.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 39
yeah, the ss ones are nice. but they are twice the money of the ones im looking at and the pipework is slightly smaller on the ss ones

yeah, the ss ones are nice. but they are twice the money of the ones im looking at and the pipework is slightly smaller on the ss ones

The primary diameter of 1.5" on the S&S is on purpose to keep the low speed torque and power and the engines responsiveness. Don't be mislead by bigger is better. Bigger is usually not better on port and header size. Small, efficient ports, runners and pipe diameters on both the intake and exhaust sides makes for a flexible torquey responsive street engine.

BTW, you can order the S&S headers without the ceramic coating for $400 and that would let you modify them easily if needed. Once you are certain of a correct fit you can high temp paint or of course have them ceramic coated locally. Good luck whatever direction you take.