Wide wheels on SC400

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

UTERUS

I have a 93 sc400 and bought some wheels for it the other day. They are 18x9.5 and 18x10.5

Now the front wheels fit perfectly with the right offset and fill the guards nicely, but the rear is a little different.

The rear wheels (10.5" wide) poke out about an inch and a half from the guard edge and the tyre tread is pretty much inline with the guard as they have 225/40's on them.

What i was wondering, can i just get the guards lipped and pushed out by some sort of machine and run a bit of neg camber to poke them wheels in there or would i have to get some ugly flares?

Is anyone running wheels this wide, what have you done?

Cheers,

Simon

wow, 225 on a 10.5" wheel.... that is stretched. You could also keep working on it untill it fits, it wont be pretty and will have a good amount of negative camber. I would say cut your losses and get new wheels with proper offsets.

Wow your rim has a crazy offset. I also have 10.5 on 18"s on my sc400 but it is a perfect fit with the help of a 3/16" wheel spacer I needed to use...on 235/35/18's. If you are sticking out an inch with out any spacer or wheel adaptors you are pretty much screwed, unless you work the body over with fender flares or something. Sell and cut you loses lile Zir.. said, sorry bro that sucks...