When is Enough Enough?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Yeah those SL55 AMG's are very very fast...The 500hp E55 AMG's aren't too shabby either for a big sedan... I am still trying to keep up with those Merc's in my SC400 and still coming up a little short on the back end.... My friends brother owns one and he goats me on all the time saying "you can supercharge, turbo charge, and add nitrous to that and still never take me in your old SC lemon 0-100mph".. I just laugh...as he is a prankster by nature but a fun guy to be around...... I have driven his E55 AMG and I have always been impressed with their topend power. However, I don't like the traction control feature at all on them ...The topend gears pull hard compared to my nitrous run automatic SC400...

Oh, on a negative note - These AMG's have a bad habit of being in the shop (dealer) for repairs more often then not which is unfortunate.... I would never own one for that reason alone... They look awesome though...

Just my two cents on the AMG Merc's... The newest model V12 600hp Merc for you fellas to drool over if I remember correctly...

JBrady,

I agree with you on the Mercedes front.

My Wifes new SLK55 will light up the tyres before the traction control kicks in.

I'v driven some severly powerful cars before but this thing is wicked.

Sad bit I don't get to drive it as it is her baby!

Rod, I really like the SLK styling and wish they had gone that route on the new SL. 344hp/376tq is powerful indeed in a 3400 pound car. I take it your wife is an enthusiast?

Have you been in the supercharged V8s (510hp/531tq/4365lbs) or better yet twin turbo V12 65s (604hp/738tq/4555lbs)... MB is building monsters.

All this talk of maximum horsepower figures in road cars sounds like a pissing contest to me.
Maybe you've got some massive horsepower figure at 7500 revs, but what use it that if turbo lag means it's thoroughly unpleasant to drive 99.9% of the time? What's your mid-range power like? Can you sit in traffic without overheating?