Wheel Offset

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lambo

I have this set of wheels that came on my donor uuz31 they are 16 x 8 /50 i'm trying to work out the offset of them and thought the 50 was it, when i measure from outside to flange i get 65mm and from inside i get 165mm so i'm confused, i have attached a picture as i suspect the wheels i have are not the correct ones they are toyota but i suspect they are most likely a FWD wheel, which must have made driving the car interesting to say the least any thoughts on what i have. And would anyone know the correct offset for this car.

Best Regards
Lambo

Graeme, those look like the non-turbo Supra wheels, which are 16x8 in front and 16x9 in the rear, both with 50mm offsets.

As you probably know, offset is the distance from the centerline of the wheel to the mounting face. It sounds like you've measured the backspacing of the wheel, which is the distance from the edge of the rim to the mounting face. You can calculate offset from backspace this way:

Offset = (Width - Backspace)/2

A picture is worth a thousand words:

wheel off set

Thanks John, Now i was having a senior moment so i drew it out and arrived at 230/2 =115= Centre line of rim -65 from the outside= the 50 offset on the rim, strange but all 4 wheels are the same width 16 x 8jj.Do you happen to know what the offset is supposed to be, have searched the site but lots of conflicting info.

Regards
Graeme

Thanks guys that helps alot, i started to think they may have been fwd wheels, i can now draw up my suspention geometry etc, i'm trying hard to make room for 4 pot calipers on my project with the smallest or no spacers possiable, at the moment it looks like to get 4wd hubs and 4 pot the only option is to go with Nissan GTR hubs, a friend has a complete set of hubs so time to get out the ruler,to work out the offset clearances etc.

Regards
Lambo