What's goes here?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Beato

I have recently lifted my 1UZ out of an SC400 front cut to test fit in its new home, my Toyota Landcruiser. What I found was something has been removed from the rear of the plenom chamber. My guess is that its a vacuum line for the brakes, but thought I'd confirm with the Lexus guru's. It's the hole with the blue rag hanging out.

Don't worry about it. JDM spec motors don't have the EGR connected. Look at any Soarer imported from Japan into Aus and you will find that all of them have the same thing missing.

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. don't mean to sound dumb, but whats an "EGR", and if I don't have to worry about it, do I just leave it or do I block it off?

EGR is exhaust gas recirculation.

It feeds exhaust gas into the inlet in measured amounts to reduce polution.

Don't worry about the hole it won't leak air.

There is a hole just above it where the vacuum is taken to the brakes.

just a note , we fitted a 1uz into a hilux and it ran funny after first fitting. We have a smoke machine in the workshop and after testing found a leak at the EGR port so we had to blank the port off to stop it. There must have been a crack in the manifold somewhere. I guess we know why that one came out of the car in Japan. Just something to watch for. Cheers