What would you do if you see this car behind your rear view mirror?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
rytherwr said:
It's you....be glad to have you come to GA and check it out....I've got some wrenches that would probably fit....
icon_surprised.gif
)

Wayne
I'm not sure what the wrenches comment meant since the smilie won't load up.

Don't take it the wrong way Wayne,I wasn't trying to doubt your setup. I was thinking you were trying to figure out IC placement in your pics and was playing around by cutting and pasting the location. The second photo with the mesh was what had me a little confused because of the dots all around it.

TundraEddie,

Smiley Face is just that....a smile 'cause I can use all the help I can get and the wrenches will probably fit...your hands to help out....

The dots you see are aluminum pop rivets....there are washers on the back to hold the mesh. I was originally going epoxy but got into too many compound curves and didn't want to try and clamp everything. It is actually mounted now and have run the pipes in the proper places to get to the engine and turbo. Will post more pics as I get more stuff done. No offense taken...you just asked a question...(smile)

Wayne

rytherwr said:
TundraEddie,

Smiley Face is just that....a smile 'cause I can use all the help I can get and the wrenches will probably fit...your hands to help out....

The dots you see are aluminum pop rivets....there are washers on the back to hold the mesh. I was originally going epoxy but got into too many compound curves and didn't want to try and clamp everything. It is actually mounted now and have run the pipes in the proper places to get to the engine and turbo. Will post more pics as I get more stuff done. No offense taken...you just asked a question...(smile)

Wayne
Ah cool. I might be visiting some family in Anderson,SC this spring,how far are you from the SC/GA border? In exchange for helping out I expect a ride in the Tundra,and we stop by a Sonic for something to eat...no Sonics in NJ but they tease us with TV commercials LOL.

it's running

Funny you should ask, Jibby....it's running...about 300 miles N/A, put the supercharger on and put about 100 miles while tuning, added the turbo system and just got through installing FJO wide-band AFR sensor, controller and gauge, fuel pressure gauge and boost gauge. I'm using a Split Second FTC to control fuel and timing retard, if I need it. It was late when I got done, so I only got to run it around for a little bit. Got it adjusted so it stays right around 14.5 or so in closed loop. When I kick it into open loop, the AFR immediately goes to down around 12.6 and it is really pulling, however, more boost and rpm and the AFR goes to 11.2, way too rich. Will take some time to get the open loop tuned correctly by the looks of it. With the S/C, there is no noticeable turbo lag...although it does sound like a lear jet :eek:) It runs immediately up to 12 lbs of boost. The S/C makes 8 lbs of boost by itself and I have the turbocharger boost controller set at its lowest setting, around 5 lbs of boost. I didn't leave it in boost for long, as I am figuring everything out and didn't want to screw something up. Trick I learned from Rob Welsh....hook your fuel pressure regulator where it will see boost as well as vacuum and you have a free rising rate pressure regulator. I see 36 psi at idle and 65 psi at 12 lbs of boost. The minute I accelerate, the pressure goes into 42-45 psi range, so it works very well. With the TRD supercharger and the turbo, I did notice that when I first stepped on it, the vacuum zinged up to around about -20lbs before it went down and then into boost, exactly opposite of what you would expect. That meant to me that the S/C wasn't going into boost and the turbo had to catch up. After looking around, and pulling some vacuum/boost lines, I noticed I had a couple of lines reversed on the vacuum solenoid that controls the pressure release plate inside the S/C....that works sorta like a bov but it is internal. Bottom line, it wasn't closing, so the S/C wasn't going into boost. After I fixed it, she revs like...right now! Will play with the tuning and get back with more updates. By the feel when it passed through the 12 area AFR, it will be pretty wild, even at 12 lbs of boost...of course it is built to take a lot more than that, but will work my way up slowly and get it right. Later.

Wayne

Looking good Wayne, can't wait to see a dyno run. With turbos so good these days it's a brave man that departs from the proven but with your heavy beast to move i can see the merits of the SC. Keen to see how the turbo flows thru the SC once you start running some decent boost.

Just a note on the FPR. Seeing the boost signal is pretty standard and doesn't give you a rising rate reg, just a boost referenced reg. The difference being your reg will apply 1 psi fuel pressure for every psi of boost ie 1:1 rate. A 'rising rate' reg will apply more psi fuel pressure for every psi of boost. There are varying rates but 6:1 is pretty common. It's a common mistake in terminology and not that surprising as rising rate regs are old skool and not used much (thank god) these days. They were a dodgy way to get more fuel from a stock ECU setup where the ECU couldn't register boost eg early EFI n/a cars converted to FI.

Toyota regs are very good and the UZ reg has no probs increasing fuel pressure when referenced to boost. The only reason i went to an aftermarket reg was that i wanted a higher base fuel pressure....hopefully to get better atomisation but mostly to extend the capacity (cc/min) of my supra injectors. At the 45psi base pressure i run they flow approx 500cc/min which should give me enough fuel for 800hp at the fly......if i can get there on the stock internals :)

absolutely correct, justengt8...wrong terminology on my part. I am seeing pretty much a 1:1 boost referenced increase. Still surprising to me that I'm seeing afr so rich at full boost, even though I'm using 315cc injectors....I have not mapped any extra fuel in the split second...the only extra fuel is via the extra fuel pressure...will figure it out as I go along.

Wayne

Thanks, David...I appreciate. I haven't played with the open loop fuel yet, so I don't have a map yet. I am tuning from the instructions provided by gadgetonline., but in the mean time, I am going to try the two maps you have on the site....one for the 315cc injectors and the one for the 270cc injectors and see what it does. I will data log from my afr and diagnose programs....Depending on the outcome, I think that will tell me where I need to play with the fuel in open loop. Once I get a map developed, I will zing it to you. Again, thanks for the assistance. Always appreciated from one who has more experience with these things than I.

Wayne

absolutely correct, justengt8...wrong terminology on my part. I am seeing pretty much a 1:1 boost referenced increase. Still surprising to me that I'm seeing afr so rich at full boost, even though I'm using 315cc injectors....I have not mapped any extra fuel in the split second...the only extra fuel is via the extra fuel pressure...will figure it out as I go along.

Wayne

I'm not across all your ECU mods but at least it's too rich and not too lean :)

......David has been a HUGE catalyst and help in the thought process and parts business, so my hat is off to the Mad Chinaman (sorry David, that just popped out and I think that will be your secondary handle behind Lextreme, or should we say "Lextreme, the Mad Chinaman???) :slaphappy .....
David is a HUGE catalyst, mad, and very helpful, but he's not a Chinaman. He doesn't speak Chinese...LOL