What plugs for an older 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Celsiorous

Hi,

I am going to replace the spark plugs and leads on my 1UZ-FE. It has 170K Km's on the clock and is stock apart from an aftermarket airfilter and the CATs being gutted.
Should I purchase replacement plugs and leads from Toyota or are there good aftermarket alternatives?
I understand that some people have damaged their engines using Bosch plugs so I thought I would ask around and see what you guys recommend. Also are Irridium plugs inferior to Platinum?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, ive found some NGK Iridiums for $25 NZD, I thought it was strange that they are the same price as the platinums. After reading about them I thought the Iridiums would be a bit more pricey?

Cheers Peewee, what leads are you running, im thinking I may as well change them while im doing the plugs. Champion leads are $310 NZD but id be prepared to spend more on some performance leads.
Any tips on changing the plugs? It looks reasonably straight forward but I have never seen under the covers. Do the leads plug directly onto the plugs?
Sorry for all the questions, im a newb.

Straight forward yes.

I am using TopGun leads.
They were $150AUD
Toyota genuine was about $400AUD

Change the dizzy caps and rotors too if you like.
Bosch replacements are about $120 for the full set.

krayn - are they NGK Iridiums??
i think i got a quote for them a year or so ago and they were $22ea from the local repco.

i paid about that for my commodore ones a few years ago.

I bought 8 NGK Iridium plugs IFR6T-11 that cost me $93.31US including freight
Great plugs
The hole site where I got it from is great
I have just ordered a K&N Air Filter $81us $103 au
they have HT leads, Starter motors, Aircon Compressers
even wipper blade for bugger all

https://www.sparkplugs.com/

Just do a search for your model & wamo

I tried to find the Bosch dizzy caps and rotors but it seems that Bosch dont stock them in NZ. Repco and Supercheap Auto over here both contacted their suppliers and were told they dont come into NZ. Anyone know a good Aussie online store I could order them from?