What is the main kit, part or mod you need that isn't available?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting some parts made in China and have the ability to explore making mods or kits. What is the main one the UZFE community needs?

It is getting tough to find some parts nowadays. Are China-made auto parts worth it? I am asking this out of curiosity.

There is a Member on here who makes a real rear sump.

They are cast in Adelaide (Australia) and the quality is very good.

I have one on my car and it fitted well first go.

I'd buy another if I needed one.

Now to remember his username!

It is getting tough to find some parts nowadays. Are China-made auto parts worth it? I am asking this out of curiosity.
It really depends entirely on who is designing and engineering the part. If it's an obvious Chinese knockoff that's just trying to profit by copying a part as cheaply as possible by cutting all possible corners, you'll get what you paid for. My experience has been that it ends up not being worth the savings because of the time and expense involved in replacing it inevitably, not to mention the potential damage it can cause to other components.

That said, they can make whatever you ask them to so it just really depends on the engineering.

Member's name is Sudsy
Found it!

Anyone know how to contact Sudsy? I'd like to buy his design files.

Also, thoughts on how many would be interested in this for 1UZ?

There is a Member on here who makes a real rear sump.

They are cast in Adelaide (Australia) and the quality is very good.

I have one on my car and it fitted well first go.

I'd buy another if I needed one.

Now to remember his username!
I see where you said it was a bolt-up piece, ready to go.

Did you ever actually record differences in oil temps? No issues at all? I need Sudsy's design files. :)

Attachments

• sump mods.jpg
    sump mods.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2
I know Sudsy is on another Forum I'm locked out of.

I wasn't banned just the Forum owner can't moderate the Forum and there was a glitch and I dropped off the board.

I was supposed to take over ownership in May but the US connection is being painfully slow in making the transfer.

I have another contact who is on the Forum and I'll see if he can do anything.

Sorry haven't been on here for a while. I haven't bothered making any more sumps due to lack of interest. I see on here that people asked for them in the past but when they became available they mostly all disappeared when askled to put their money where there mouth was. I imagine that is also the case with many other parts being made for forum requests. Thanks Rod (Zuffen) for the heads up and thanks to those that actually purchased the ones i made.

Sorry haven't been on here for a while. I haven't bothered making any more sumps due to lack of interest. I see on here that people asked for them in the past but when they became available they mostly all disappeared when askled to put their money where there mouth was. I imagine that is also the case with many other parts being made for forum requests. Thanks Rod (Zuffen) for the heads up and thanks to those that actually purchased the ones i made.
I sent you a message through Facebook and never got a response. I have access to manufacturing, storage and distribution and would like to get a batch of 10 of these made. Can you help, Sudsy?

Well i don't know what happened to my last reply on here but here we go again. I did reply to your email so i don't know where that ended up. I would have to find out prices for casting again as i haven't made any for a while due to lack of interest.