What is the best tranny setup for an sc400?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Interesting. Some years ago a Bike Magazine organised a timed run up the old Pacific Highway from Brooklyn to Calga (sort of like the road from Carmel North) north of Sydney betwenn a WRX and a Ducati.

The WRX won as it could carry a lot more corner speed and brake much later. The bike was real fast on the very short straights but just couldn't make up for what it lost elsewhere.

Was the bike racer experienced? Was he able to push the bike to the limits? It's all about the rider. If you are not one with the bike, many cars will probably beat you. There are very good riders and then their are great fearless riders.

The bike rider is a regular journalist on the Magazine and and "Seddo" is extremely accomplished and knows the road very well.

He actually lived in Calga because he enjoyed the road so much!

Wow, Anyway, these cars being made and modified these days are just getting faster and lighter year by year. So maybe the car performance is starting to catch up with the bikes, it wouldn't suprise me. I will tell you this I would not mind owning a street legal car that could keep up with a ducati 996 that sounds like fun to me!!!!!!!!!

Being in Cali doesn't make it easy to keep a street legal car. Nothing is really CARB legal, especially turbo kits. In every other state, however, roasting a 996 shouldn't be too much of problem : )

Eric

If you go to www.orsm.net there is some great footage of a Porshe V Jet V R1 in a straight drag. Have a look it should be there.

If not email me and I'll email you a copy.

The R1 got owned by the Porsche at about 100mph and the Porsche gets owned by the jet way before that.

Interesting and shows bikes are all about bottom end accelaration with insufficient torque to keep going once in top slot.

Well Eric it is tough in California with the smog emmisions, but that doesn't stop us from trying to biuld up our cars!

Like I said owning a car that can roast a Ducati 996 sure sounds like fun for me!!! I wouldn't know. The stock C4 porsche turbo was the fastest and best handling car I have ever driven and pressed to date, and that C4 simply in my opinion would not beat a well tuned ducati 996, 0-100mph or in any curvy canyon race. The type of speed and power you guys are talking about is crazy in a car. However, I did own a fast bike once and ooooohhhh that baby could move, so I have felt what it feels like to go 0-120mph in under or close to 3 seconds. It would be alot nicer now that I am in my thirties in age and not twenties too experience that same feeling sitting down inside lexus, he he!!! So Eric and Rod your rides must be at that whole other level which I have not experienced, I am jealous and can only imagine- Congrats-

We're lucky here. THere's no state inspections. : )

Eric

Jibby,

My ride is 4,000lb 4x4 with an (almost stock) 1UZ.

No 10 second 1/4s for me yet.

I do have some nice fast cars but nothing that would threaten the 996.

The problems with bikes on point to point racing is the rider always needs something in reserve to allow for the unexpected as a mis-judgment hurts when you land on your bum in the gravel.

Whereas a car driver can get awfully out of shape due to late braking, dirt on the road etc and catch it all from a big lose and keep going. Plus if he hits the scenery it's usully only a bit of bent bodywork.

Sure the bike is very fast down the staights but loses out under brakse and whilst in the corner.

I recently drove up that section of road in my wife's Mercedes CLK500. Not a rocketship but I sat on the tail of a guy on an R6 without too much problem. I couldn't have passed him on the straights, he was gone, but also could have sailed past under brakes and gone around him in the corner. Not a wise move as he was using lots of road, as was I.

So Eric, if you don't mind me asking and for all the readers out their, exactly how fast is your supra? What can it do? Could it keep up with that TT viper you talked about? Quarter mile time, 0-60mph, last dyno, etc... I am sure myself and others reading these posts want to get the whole picture?

I am packing up and moving from Hell-A, California to Destin, Florida near the Gulf, which is hurracaine central, yipes!!! This will be in about three to five months when my house sells on a 1031 tax exchange. Anyway, are you somewhere near those neck of the woods in Florida? I fear I will be pressed to meet and find import motor heads. I would guess mostly just alot of Chevy and Ford boys, being that it is near the South and all. I fear I may end up with small block Chevy in my sc400, and I don't want to do that, well maybe not!!!

Rod- Keep motoring up those dirt roads and climbing those mountains, off roading is just as fun as racing in my opinion. Just things tend to break a little more often when you offroad for some reason? Ever break and axle off roading?

Trust me, if you're in Florida, you'll find import performance enthusiasts... Florida is import power central.

I don't know about keeping up with this car or that, but the car is damn fast. I never got the 0-60, track times, or what not. It's more a street show car than a track car. The last dyno run was fouled. The methanol didn't fire, so it broke up badly early. So basically, on 93 octane it made 853rwhp before it dropped off. I run 110 race gas now, and top of with methanol, winding out to 9000rpm cleanly. I've not tken it back to the dyno since, but I can tell you with no doubts that this is a true 4 digit HP car as it sits now. All at only 25psi. I have a couple of pics of my motor from the shoot we did for Modified Magazine floating around these forums.

Thanks man,

Eric

Eric.............Can you give him a ride so he can "experience" what we're saying? : ) That would be great........... and hopefully.........he won't mess up the seats <G>:bigeyes:

Guys, I am spending way too much time on these forums, I got work to do, but before I go, Eric that is good news to me about the import heads being down their in FL., you just made my day, thanks!!!!!

In regards to your ride, it sounds to me like you may have one of if not the fastest semi street legal supra's out their? Again, congrats, and yes give me a ride in that beast of yours if I'm in the neighborhood, I promise I won't sh-- my pants on your fine seats. Have a good day you guys see ya-

Ehhhh, I hardly ever push it. There's plenty of others I know that flog theirs on a weekly basis though

My girl has fianlly gotten used to the burst of speed, it's when the car gets sideways she's wets herself. : )

I'm seriously thinking of seeking sponsorship to drop a V8 in the Supra. It's a showpiece now, and would be a great platform for sponsors to get their name out there at all of the major shows.

attachment.php

Very nice Eric! Looking at this nice Supra, I would think with all that massive horsepower under the hood it would be complete over kill, because all the weight is in the front of the car and that car is relatively light to begin with. So how can you keep those rear wheels gripping even remotely with four digit horsepower? I would just think you would spinout like crazy even if you had a slide wieght and a detroit locker LSD you would still just spin away, but you say this car can beat a Ducati 996, Wow, I am just amazed, and extremely mistaken!!

The reason I think this is that my considerably slower sc400 has the same sub frame as your Supra and is also heavier then your supra, just spins both rears all the way up to 30 mph from a dead stop at full throttle with just a hint of wheel hop, and this would be riding nos and let's say a little over 400hp this is running with a dragon torque converter and Supra LSD. Also my car is lowered one inch from stock which is simular to yours as well, man I better get those coilovers and fatter rear tires in a hurry, I am way off I guess with traction.

Anyway, Eric very nice ride and forget about showing this fine ride for others, my advise is be selfish on this one and pimp that baby and go suprise a Viper or Lambo owner with it on the open road. Why else would you build such a monster if not to let her rip. Oh and as far as girls go, some say "stop let me out of the car" and others say "Wow! Let's do it again", which kind of girlfriend is yours? I can say I like the ones that say Wow let's do it again!!!!! Ha Ha Ha

Eric, PM me about your plans, Although I probably couldn't take you up on the sponsorship, but can definitly give you a hand if you do the swap yourself. I am getting ready to start building my new shop and hope to have it up and running sometime in January or early Febuary.

Well since were are all in the talk and show mode here, this is my slow in comparison sc400. This thread has humbled me bigtime, I now consider my car slow and weak and now I am forced too ad a mod or two, Kelford cams anyone? 45hp gain for about $1300-$1500 installed, it's the old mathematic equation $ = hp = respect -unfortunately. I am Still waiting on those S&S headers hopefully to arrive and install anyday now 15-20hp gains, I am getting their but ever so slowely.