what head gasket to use with running over 10psi

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

v8commy

hey guys, i am currently running 7-8 psi on my super charged 1uz, now i am ready to get a bit more grunt from it. i have sitting on my shelf a set of arp head bolts etc, and now need head gaskets to suit. i was talking to a guy out at the drags a few months ago and was told that the later 4.3 or 4.7 v8 had from factory steel head gaskets, is this true? if so would they be suitable for blown applications? ta

Yes that is true. You can get the 1998 and new 1UZFE HG. They are metal gaskets. However, the price between Cometic MLS and stock OEM MLS is about the same. Secondly, you have more choice of different thickness with Cometic. Good luck!

Lex,
Do you think the stock MLS gaskets from the 98+ V8's are about the same / better / exactly the same quality as the cometic gaskets? Are there any other manufacturers making headgaskets for the UZ engines?

Any multy layer steel head gasket is going to last better than graphite type.. The next issue if they keep blowing from then on is TUNE !! The strength of head bolts. Atleast ARP or upgraded 11mm studs...
If head or deck is lifting ? No brand of head gasket is going to last!!

Lex,
Do you think the stock MLS gaskets from the 98+ V8's are about the same / better / exactly the same quality as the cometic gaskets? Are there any other manufacturers making headgaskets for the UZ engines?
I was told by my builder when comparing the two. He stated Cometic is better then stock.