What car to swap in the 1uz-fe?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jibbby

I am thinking what would be a vantastic light weight older car to swap in a good running 1uzfe motor into?

I have seen Drifty's 325 BMW post up some good track numbers with his N/A 1uz-fe powered BWM... Some older Supra's too...

I was thinking, I am driving around this heavy weight SC400 Lexus of mine, and can just imagine what 1/3 lighter car would do with the same engine in it..It would no dought rip...

Any ideas for a future project fellas? Something that looks decent and is light in weight... Here is what I have come up with so far -

Older Porsche maybe?
A clean Datson 260, 280z maybe?
Older 70's Vettes?

I am thinking of picking up maybe an older 70's Corvette with the fiber glass chasis..Find one with a blown motor that maybe needs a little work for cheap, swap in an good used 1uz-fe..Clean up the car and then drive it with pride and drive it fast.....

Any other cool suggestions are welcome?

ive seen a movie of a datto 260z with a 1uz, sounds tuff as...
im not sure what small cars you have over in the states, but one i really like.... the ford pinto?
hehe

I think the 2nd generation Supra would be a great platform for a NA 1UZ motor swap. Curb weight is only 3000lbs with the 2.8 cast iron block 5M-GE motor, so you can trim at least 100-150lbs off that by using the aluminum 1UZ-FE, and there's probably ample areas to lose weight elsewhere. The 5spd version used the W58 tranny, and there are already adaptors available for that, so it ought to be a pretty straightforward swap.

I really like the basic shape of this car, and I think with a bit of modernisation, ie 17" or 18" wheels, more rubber, etc., it could be a real screamer. The suspension setup was designed by Lotus for Toyota, so the car has quite a good pedigree.

82ltype.jpg

I got some picture from Brad (member in here too but he hangs out more in my.is ) has a yellow IS300 Sportcross with a VVTi 1uzfe along with a M90. Very sweet. I always like the Sportcross version of the IS.

That 1985 supra is a great car for the 1uz swap. But I think the Nissan 280z is more lighter and better in handling

Early BMW I like the Retro way of doing things..
The issue is getting a nice body..
Latter model RX7...RX8???
Not many late models that are rwd ??..

I agree with Cribbj. I'd like to add some more pictures. The hatchback is the 1985 Celica Supra and the other convertible is 1985 Celica GTS.

Steve, that Celica GTS convertible has some clean lines. I'll bet it would really go with a 1UZ in it.

Attachments

• DOHC (Large).jpg
    DOHC (Large).jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 12
I like the way the older Datson 240z (super clean only) looks but that is as old a car as I would consider... A model T or A is too old but could be an interesting classic if done right.. A T-bucket would be a rocket with a 1uz-fe motor in it but that would not really be a practical ride...

The older 80's supra's just look to old and outdated to me..No offense to you older Supra owners, they are just not my cup of tea.. A 1uz-fe powered Lexus IS300 would be a nice swap but the IS's are still to pricey and new to mess around with like that.. I would probably just end up keeping it stock and cruising around it if I got one.. However, if you were to get one with a blown motor it would be a nice 1uz swap option as those cars are fairly small and compact, comfortable, updated and probably very light in weight... It would surely be fast especially if boosted...

I've thought about many older muscle cars for the 1uzfe swap but most of those older muscle car weigh more then my current SC400..The 70 Vette's are the lightest weight muscle cars for it's time... The Ford Pinto being the exception, he he.....

I've seen the Shelby Cobra replica's powered by the 1uz-fe motors, now that is a light weight car that looks awesome...However, even the body for a Shelby Cobra replica cost a pretty penny...That to me would be the coolest swap option to go with...

How about a VW bug, Cooper mini, Lee car, Hugo, Geo Metro, for the straight out no looks but all speed light weight swap?

I found this done up convt. Mazda Miata or I think that is what it is powered by a supercharged 1uz-fe motor...I think it is damn good looking ride that was done up right..I am sure it is very very fast too... Hard to beat this one...

Miata! WOW.... They are light and you can get one for about 1-2K. I have a friend with a complete 1uzfe (SC400) for $400. Do it Jibby and I follow....

A nother completely different kind of 1uzfe swap option for an open top vehicle would be the JF40 Toyota Landcruisers, Jeep CJ, or something jeep like and maybe even a Wrangler or Montero...

You could make it to go fast and kick arse in the mud and dirt too... Kill two birds with one stone...

Another cool swap option for you 4X4 people that would like to go fast in the dirt and street....

Attachments

• methanol.JPG
    methanol.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 8
Miata! WOW.... They are light and you can get one for about 1-2K. I have a friend with a complete 1uzfe (SC400) for $400. Do it Jibby and I follow....

I am moving into a place shortly with a big garage so I am getting excited and now can actually consider a big project to tackle of this magnitude...However, getting a Miata to look like that one above would be a dream... That one is really customed up to perfection.. Cruising a stock looking Mazda Miata even though it being powered by a 1uz-fe motor would still be very embarrassing to cruise around town in...My close friends would bag and think I am gay, I can't do a stock looking one..

Early BMW I like the Retro way of doing things..
The issue is getting a nice body..
Latter model RX7...RX8???
Not many late models that are rwd ??..

The Mazda RX7 would be a really good choice too for the swap..... They are starting to get affordable too.. This is an older one done up with the 1uz-fe under the hood...The owner stated it is very fast and light in weight...