What Can i run on Stock internals on a 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Deafbeat

ok so just doin a lil research .. i have a 83 Isuzu Trooper runnin a 2nd Gen 1UZ-FE n i wanna go turbo or supercharge .. what can i run on stock internals both in Twin Turbo's or Supercharger .. will i need to upgrade anything electrically .. do i need bigger injectors etc etc total noob here plz guide 8/ ..

P.S Cheapest Reliable Solution Required plz :$ a lil tight on the budget here *sniff*

Attachments

• NoBlingBeasty.jpg
    NoBlingBeasty.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
more then enough .. i just wanna boost it thas all .. what else .. what turbo's should i go for if i go turbo or what supercharger ?? .. would CT12 b enough or CT20 ?? .. i need boost at peak rpm's as i have a very long ratio due to a big diff with a stock RWD Auto Tranny from the crown majesta

this is the ride .. still in the making .. also ermm i would like to know how i can get the speedo running :S .. since it came with those anolog speedo's from back in the day 8/

Attachments

• DSC09020.jpg
    DSC09020.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC09021.jpg
    DSC09021.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC09022.jpg
    DSC09022.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC09024.jpg
    DSC09024.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 12
the ct20 would be enough for twin turbo, put in 7mge injectors and a computer to tune the AFR its a basic description, but untill we know your budget thats the best i can do

ermm the things that theres a big price diff here in PK i could prolly get 2 ct20's used in good shape for like 20k here thas bout 180$ and 7mge used injectors would prolly cost me 5-10$ i guess the intercooler new would cost me a 200$ .. anyfin else 8/

Custom exhaust and intake manifolds, oil and water fittings, as ruishy above said, it can run more than the cost of the turbo quite easily.

Have you thought of rear or mid mount turbo's ?
Then fit up an electric oil pump for oil return..
Similar to these ..http://www.mrturbo.com/catalog/109_oilsys/oil_sys.html
They can be fitted up just behind bell housing to get good ground clearance..No intercooler is required up to 8 Lb boost..
The exhaust manifolds can be left as they are..
Only the part where turbo /s are fitted ..
Any two turbo's off a Stout std 2 ltr engine.. Even the VF series which Subaru use X's 2..
The oil return can be fitted to valve covers so there no drilling sump etc...
A single turbo such as GT3540 / 1.06 A.R would work also...
The electric return pump is required due to turbo being in line with sump.

Last edited:
You need cheep? I twin turboed the 1uz in my land cruiser total cost $28. I was given two WRX turbos (a mate with a workshop) I cut and welded up headers at the last pipe from head, drilled a hole and welded a pipe in the middle of the headers and made a flange and welded it to pipe, bolted turbo on then made exhaust side out of bits of pipe i had around. made a two into one manifold making bends by cutting angled bits from straight pipe (all old exhaust pipe i had around) old oil lines found around work supply oil from oil pressure sender supply to turbos. brought 4 injectors and fuel rail on the net from 4 cylinder Toyota (same as 1uz) thats were the $28 went. drilled out top of inlet manifold and fitted the extra injectors (had to weld piece of aluminum to manifold to make it flat first) connected windscreen washer bottle to cold start injector and filled with water to make cheep water injection but could use a stronger pump(ECU turns it on over 8 psi), water hose connected where the heater used to go keeps turbos cool.
The exhaust manifold wont be the most efficient but with the power i have now i dont care, when i put the foot down the chassis twists and it lifts a front wheel. It did take a lot of thinking and a bit of work but it really did only cost me $28.
as for the first question on stock internals mine runs the standard WRX boost 14 psi i think.