What are the forged rods and piston options out there?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

I am looking for an alternative rod and piston choice out there for my 1UZ. I am gearing up for the boosted part of my project and need to source some. I know CP and J&E will make custom ones to suit, has anyone gone down that route?

Cheers!

I called JE few times and the tech support was very bad. They didn't really want to help me or our site. They are looking for bigger order and team. They don't seem willing to work with smaller interest group like us. I also talked to CP during one of the SEMA shows, but their prices are alot higher. So far those are my two experiences. I know Arias also pretty good but haven't dealt with them yet.

My friend is a engine builder and gets CP to make custom pistons all the time and ays they are very keen to make new ones whenever possible. They are very strict on what specs they will produce to, so you just cant send in your own design all the time.

In a boosted enviroment CP have gained the reputation as being one of the best in the world as piston manufacturers, a large % of australian sport compact and turbo vehicles use them, JE would be my second choice.

As for wiseco, You may have better service and support over there but here in Aus, the service is s hithouse, they know little about the product they are selling, and it is from personal experience, I had them in my last engine, rang them for specific piston to bore and ring specs, they guy told me to do exactly as was on the paper in the box, so I did. Pistons were too tight, scuffed the bores, rings butted, smashed ring lands on 5 pistons and destroyed the bore. Its great when you can give a company every piece of information about what your doing with one of their off the shelf products and they can't give you a correct answer.

6BOOST

This is one of those topics like religion or politics, where there's no "right" answer, only some very strong opinions.

Anyone who's stuffed a motor with brand "X" pistons or brand "Y" rings is liable to think they're inferior, but at the end of the day, it's the builder who's responsible for following the recommendations of the various manufacturers......or not.

This is one of those topics like religion or politics, where there's no "right" answer, only some very strong opinions.

Anyone who's stuffed a motor with brand "X" pistons or brand "Y" rings is liable to think they're inferior, but at the end of the day, it's the builder who's responsible for following the recommendations of the various manufacturers......or not.

The point I made was the survice, and inferior lack of knowledge about the product by the staff, the main part of the australian distributors business in motorbike stuff, maybe thats the reason they seem to know little. I didn't say the pistons were poor, just the service and knowledge in australia.

6BOOST

Interesting topic, not wanting to start any wars or anything but is there a general thought about the order of which are the strongest and most reliable pistons AND rods, especially under high boost?

I mean Lex is talking about those pistons and rods that can take 3000bhp! Holy crap! :D Where the hell did they come from? Where do I get some! :p

are the Rods not forged, in the 1UZ or did they stop doing this.........1992/1993 up

There have been differing opinions floating around on the 'net about the 1/2/3UZ rods and whether they're forged or not, however the Toyota/Lexus TIS says they are forged. Attached are some excerpts; note, I don't have the data for the 1UZ engines newer than '95, however the excerpt out of the 3UZ TIS states its rods are forged also, so it would not be unreasonable to expect the later 1UZ rods to be forged too.

Interestingly, although I didn't include this info here, the crankshafts for the 1 & 3UZ's are stated to be "forged steel", while the description for the 2UZ crank states only that it is "steel".

Thanks for that, its just i was looking as this site www.1uzfe.com and the guy on there talks about the 1uzfe saying he went for it as it has forged Rods and crank, have alook and let me know what you think. I think the guy is from this site as well ( the Flea)

Those pistons were the toughest from Ross. That is what they told me. They said those pistons were designed to "handle 3000 hp". I am very confidential Wayne's setup can handle at least 1,200 to 1,500 hp. I assume you meant this quote:
Boys.. here it is.... just got it from Mr. UPS at around 7:30 pm. Yes its after hour delivery. Custom forged pistons mate with Chevy rods..... Beautiful... The two rods are Eagle ESP 3D Forged and Carrillo Forged Rod. These pistons are capable of handling 3,000 hp...

I think they are the same meterial as the NHRA pistons Ross make for the top fuel.

The engine builder mate of mine told me that the Ross pistons they get in (all Japanese performace and Race car applications), come with very poor finishing quality and they often have to clean them up themselves and reshape them. They stopped using them some time ago partly because of that.