what angle should the motor be installed at

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redsx

I have a crown UZfe and was looking at the sump on the auto trans and is angled up. Should this be square to the ground for the fluid pickup also the drain plug is at the back and you would not be able to drain it unless you drop the back of the box down.

The motor angle is dictated by the pinion angle of the diff.

If the pinion is horizontal the engine should be within a degree or two of horizontal.

If the engine is in a different plane you can get driveline vibrations due to the universal joints working against one and other.

When a uni joint rotates with a bend in it, it slows down and speeds up twice during a full revolution.

If the two joints are at different angles to one and other it stresses the driveline and causes vibrations.

Conversly a driveline shouldn't be run in a straight line as the uni joints can suffer premature bearing failure as the needle bearings don't rotate correctly.

the engine is usually angle ithink
and the auto is flat

this is so engine missed the steering or something ot do with air bag system

i fitted my motor square and auto sump is angled

havnt had any probs

and mine is around 3mm off centre to give a touch more clearance on alternator

opps thought you were taling bout left to right but yr taling bout front to back

I know the crown motor is slightly rotated left to right to clear the steering box but I was thinking front to back. the Motor is sitting level which puts the box up high it the cabin, no floor in car at present. I understand the uni bit. I was more worried about the auto box with the oil pan at such an angle which would have all the trans fluid sitting to the front of the box. I was wondering if the pan sat level with the ground when it was originally installed in the donor car. I didn't install the motor in the car it just didn't seem right to me I would have thought the pan sat level with the ground with the motor tilting back. Anyone have one still in a crown to check? Thanks for any help

Don't worry where the oil sits in the trans.

Think about driving up and down Mt Ainsley.

All the oil rushes to the rear of the pan going up and the front going down.

True, not that it is going to get to go up Mt Anisley at the rate it is going together. So big trans tunnel and angle is not a problem but trans fluid will be a pain to empty as the plug is in the high end of the trans pan. Thanks I was just a bit worried about it.