Lead Angle on RH Cam Sensor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1ndecent

I am trying to start my car for the first time after the engine transplant, and I need to know how many degrees before TDC on No. 1 cylinder the RH Cam sensor is triggered.

I am using an Autronic SM4 and R500CDI.

Jasper

It should give a pulse when No1 cylinder is at TDC.
If there is any offset you can adjust it out in the SM4 software using the menus;
M1 - Engine setup - I/P Cylinder & sync - Cylinder input lead. You shouldn't need to though.

I sorted it all out about a month ago. I was having a problem because I assumed the crank disk had 8 teeth, when in fact it has 12.

Car runs superbly now, I am very impressed at the Autronic's ability to control an engine with only a few load sites tuned. I will dyno it soon, so far most tuning has been done by data logging and the Autronic's ability to refine the fuel maps to reach target A/F ratios, based on the logged data.

This is great for low load cruising, although I have had to use alot of mapping points to ensure that I hit one in the region that the engine operates at low load.

I have played with the autotune function, and love the speed with which the SM4 trims up the A/F ratios to hit the target I set. This function should save many dollars worth of dyno time.

I will be plumbing up some nitrous soon, and want to make sure all the full load mixtures are spot on before I turn the gas on. I also want to play around with the ignition timing to make sure I am spot on for peak torque at all points in the timing map. This will require a run on the dyno, plus I am interested in getting some torques curves to compare with the end result when the turbos are on.

Does anyone want to share their timing map for comparison?