Weight of 1uzfe vvti vs 2jzge vvti

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Brad Bedell of bedellracing.com swapped the 2jz from his 1st gen is300 sportcross for a vvti 1uzfe. He states the net weight was a loss of 60 pounds and of course the better placement of the weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black86
i also believe in this theory, but now he has a v8 in it. how much more does it weight vs the 2jz?

Brad Bedell
Roughly 60lbs less than the iron block 2jz. It also moves the weight back behind the front wheels which will allow for better handling.

Huge thread on the diary of the project
http://my.is/forums/f114/is300-v8-swap-now-blower-287373/index3.html

sportcross4.jpg

sportcross11.jpg

I've also heard the 2JZGTE is heavier than the 1UZ. Both engines are nice though, and each of them has its own advantages.

Attachments

• HPIM0809.JPG
    HPIM0809.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 32
  • HPIM0813.JPG
    HPIM0813.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 32
  • HPIM0812.JPG
    HPIM0812.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 32
  • HPIM0810.JPG
    HPIM0810.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 32
  • HPIM0814.JPG
    HPIM0814.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 32
A 2Jgte [turbo] would be alittle different power wise though..
Take to mods real easy.. As much as I like V8's..

No doubt the xJZGTE has been more than proven and is an incredible engine.

I am intriqued with the reduced weight and improved weight location of a 1UZFE over a stock 2JZGE. With its twin turbos I can only assume the GTE version is even heavier than the GE. This leaves a fair amount of room to add turbos, heavier rods and pistons to a UZ to compete against a twin GT(E).

For a street car with 500-700rwhp this combination should make a UZFE-TT an attractive competitor to a similar powered JZ with a better low RPM curve and better potential weight packaging in the vehicle.

Above 700rwhp and the UZ block becomes a concern. That said 700rwhp is NO JOKE... something you are obviously well aware of ;)

No doubt the xJZGTE has been more than proven and is an incredible engine.

I am intriqued with the reduced weight and improved weight location of a 1UZFE over a stock 2JZGE. With its twin turbos I can only assume the GTE version is even heavier than the GE. This leaves a fair amount of room to add turbos, heavier rods and pistons to a UZ to compete against a twin GT(E).

For a street car with 500-700rwhp this combination should make a UZFE-TT an attractive competitor to a similar powered JZ with a better low RPM curve and better potential weight packaging in the vehicle.

Above 700rwhp and the UZ block becomes a concern. That said 700rwhp is NO JOKE... something you are obviously well aware of ;)
Yea thanks my 800 h.p or so engine is looking nervous .. Lol..
Heads flow 275 CFM and runing massive S475 Borg Waner turbo..
I should have 1/2 grout filled the block !!