1UZFE engine weight ?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
What happen if the motor is 475 lbs? With 390 lbs a pair of turbos, pippings and intercooler could easily bring the 390 lbs motor to 475 lbs. Why 475 lbs you might ask? That is the weight of the Iron 2uzfe motor.

boo..........iron block, boooooo...............

What about the 3Ss, the GTE is iron and the GE is alum. right? or are they both alum? ANy idea of the weight of those motors?

I don't think any Toyota 4cyl is all alloy. NZ or ZZ series may be, not sure.
3S definately isn't though.

Only other alloy motors I can think of is the MZ series.

(GZ too, and probably the new GR series)

Well I just pulled the crank out of my 1UZ and it weighs a bloody ton!

I am going to weigh all the bits and write up a file. The empty block weighs hardly anything.

Lextreme said:
What happen if the motor is 475 lbs? With 390 lbs a pair of turbos, pippings and intercooler could easily bring the 390 lbs motor to 475 lbs. Why 475 lbs you might ask? That is the weight of the Iron 2uzfe motor.

Hmmm...

Let's see, an iron 4.7 liter weighing 475 pounds or an alloy 4.0 liter with twin turbos and intercooling... hmmm... tough one... na... I'll take the twins please with a functional displacement potential of say 10+ liters.

But again, 4.7 iron block (475 lbs) plus twin turbos and stuffs will bring this heavy weight to 560 lbs.... Ouch... obese or what?

Pretty sure the stock 175Kg weigth is dry and without accessories ie no PS, AC, ALT plugs leads, oil, water etc.

The 1uz-fe is perfect for the MKIV Supra in that a complete 2jz-gte Supra motor, accessories and all weight between 550 and 700 lbs.

Eric