89-94 1uzfe engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

IS400

i have been searching and searching trying to find just the engine mechanical portion of the 89-92 FSM, i am needing to rebuild my 1uz engine and need it, does anyone have it that can send it to me?

oh yeah, thanks a lot man, that helped a lot, i copied all the sections of it, is that over everything to do with the engine or is there more somewhere else?

thanks a lot guys, i have started to breakdown the engine as of yet, but here are my plans.... i have a silver 03 IS300 with an A650E auto trans, i went to a Pull-A-Part on Dec. 8 2012 and pull an engine out of a 1992 LS400, the OD read 186,XXX miles, the think was completely nasty and gummed up, opened the oil cap and think black gunk is all i could see, paid $350 out the door for the engine, trans, wire harness, and ecu, i plan to purchase a full engine master rebuild kit, and take my time and break it down and somewhat build it back up with cams for sure just not sure on what else, id love to make 300whp all motor with it, i am planning on trying to get my hands on a nice 05-09 350z 6 speed to put behind the 1uz, my 2jz-ge is turbod' at the moment but its just wasnt enough of a challenge for me and its too common, i have searched and yet to find a 1uz non vvti IS300, i plan to run my factory IS300 ecu to control everything on the car itself, and wire the LS400 ecu to the IS300 ecu to get everything working, that way the LS400 ecu controls the engine and sends certain signals i.g. speed sensor, water temp, engine speed sensor, oil pressure, etc.

btw looking at the pinout and the lextreme ecu diagrams, did something change between 90 and 93? the pinout shows a 34 pin plug, but when you look at both diagrams on the the lextreme diagrams there is a 22 pin plug, 26 pin plug, 16 pin plug, and another 26 pin plug
lexecc1.pdf

lexuecc2.pdf

Last edited:
mine is the one with the carbon fiber hood and rays wheels

Attachments

• My1UZ-FEbefore and after steam genie.jpg
    My1UZ-FEbefore and after steam genie.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 27
  • mymotor.jpg
    mymotor.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 481139_4499772691828_240039519_n.jpg
    481139_4499772691828_240039519_n.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 17
  • mycar.jpg
    mycar.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 16
btw looking at the pinout and the lextreme ecu diagrams, did something change between 90 and 93? the pinout shows a 34 pin plug, but when you look at both diagrams on the the lextreme diagrams there is a 22 pin plug, 26 pin plug, 16 pin plug, and another 26 pin plug
lexecc1.pdf

lexuecc2.pdf

Yeah, from '93 to '97 the ECU plugs/sockets are like the one in the diagram in my post above. The VVTi ECUs are different again.

IS400, why non-vvti engine? Are you tight on the budget or do you plan to TC it in future?
Regarding pin diagrams and the like, search the boards carefully. I bet someone here has posted a link to his google disk loaded with a decent collection

Last edited:
im on a budget, but at the same time, its the only UZ engine i havent seen swapped into and IS300, and after further research i found that the internals are stronger in the non vvti 1st gen 1UZ, and if i decide to in the future to twin or single turbo the engine it would be better for it, and i have just always like the way the motor looks, one thing i have thought about is, can vvti heads and intake parts swap onto a non vvti block? whats the differences? and if so all i would need is an ecu and a wire harness and i could make it work, i just solely want to be different, and a non vvti 1uzfe IS300 would def. accomplish that goal. Like someone on my.is once said, there are over 100 members with different turbo setups on different variations of the JZ motor family, and if you put them all in a line at a meet or show and there being one out of all of them with a V8 in it or a V8TT, which would you want to look at?

There are several over here with early 1uz in them. The go ok but the VVti ones are much nicer. If turboing the early motors are the pick if on a budget. VVti heads can be swapped on but its really not worth the hassle of doing the job. Cheers

We have quite a number of altezzas with v8's here in Russia. This conversion gains popularity. Half of them runs vvti engine. To build strong vvti modification, you go for vvti engine then only replace conrods for early non-vvti parts. That's how we did with our twin turbo m-b G500.