Water/methanol injection

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Zuffen,

I had Snow Performance Meth injection. The quality is very bad. They use push in connections and silicon seals about connection. I had it and I upgraded everything from it. I used SS braided lines and other quality parts. I had lots of parts you have. I have the pump, injectors, and few other things. I just gave away my Jaz 1/2" gal tank to JamesN last month. If you like i can get u a list of products so can make it yourself. Another thing is that Snow uses those cheap pressure sensor and short out very easy if it get wet. PM me for the parts and use that money to other quality and safe parts.

Ditto

I agree with David....Snow has a crappy rep...I've seen some of their systems and they don't use quality material, at least on the ones I saw. I have a system on my Tundra that works very well, but I bought the parts separately to get the quality and put it together myself. Many places to get them on the net...Alkycontrol, Coolingmist, etc, etc. You can pretty much shop for good weatherpak electrical connectors, relays, switches, wiring etc. Not gospel, just my two cents from my experiences. Hope it helps.

Wayne

Thanks for jumping in Wayne. Perhaps you should also consider using this tank http://www.ybenormal.net/servlet/the-321/230-dsh-050-dsh-01-JAZ-2-Quart/Detail
230-050-01.jpg

I spent many hours on the net before looking a quality tank that wont corrod or eaten by meth. If found the above 2 quart tank to be very useful. It compact and will resist just about any chemical you put in.

Thanks, David....I also did a lot of research to find the correct tank for all the reasons you list but also the correct size and shape to fit the only place I had under the hood. Pic enclosed as I was putting the system together. You will also see the 150 psi pump left and under the air filter.

When I washed my engine. I killed couple of the pressure switch. I got one from Napa I think they are called Hobo Pressure Switch. They are the best. Its adjustable and make sure get the one with Always Open (AO).

Going into the Boost Controller Site is like dejavu!

If you look at the photo's they are the identical kit to the Snow kit.

Have a look.

They also have rytherwr tank in there!

I'll have a browse around Alkycontrol or Coolmist.

Thanks guys still open for suggestions.

Ok guys,

I've done a lot more searching.

I looked at Alkycontrol but wasn't all that inpressed.

I looked at Coolmist and it looks quite good. http://www.coolingmist.com/categories.aspx

I was directed to Aqua Tune http://www.aquatune.com/order.html and it looks intersting but doesn't pump the water in it is drawn in like an old carby!

I'm still looking for the best system, not necessarily the cheapest!

Opinions welcome.

Make your own

Zuffen,

I think the best bet is to understand what makes the system work well and select the best parts from a variety of sources and make your own, as I did. I got the pump from one source, tank from another, controller from another, connectors, hoses, and electrical from another, etc. I was in the same boat as you...didn't really see any one system that had all the goodies that I thought would do the job. Worked for me, but not necessarily for anyone else.

Wayne

Wayne,

That is exactly what I did. Got the best and quality parts. My number one concern we reliability and safety. I just felt those plastic pushing connectors were not safe (flammable fluid) or its reliable. I had some connectors leak fluid because of the glue was eaten up by the methanol. I pick quality parts from here and there. For the reserve tank. I highly recommend the Jaz (2 Qt). It resist almost all type of chemical and its almost like a fuel tank quality. This tank is used in Junior Drag car.

I've spoken with the guy from cooling mist, and he is very helpfull. But I don't think the side feed intake manifold on the 1uz is a good choice for water/alcohol injection.
My thoughts are that the heavier liquid will tend to go tward the middle 2 cylinders, and very little liquid will make the 180 degree turn into the opposite 2 cylinders. I think the front intake setup on the later 1uz's would be better, but it's still also designed to be a dry manifold, not wet/dry.
if you run alcohol, some cylinders may run lean, while others run rich. this may make tunning off.

rdm20fan said:
I've spoken with the guy from cooling mist, and he is very helpfull. But I don't think the side feed intake manifold on the 1uz is a good choice for water/alcohol injection.
My thoughts are that the heavier liquid will tend to go tward the middle 2 cylinders, and very little liquid will make the 180 degree turn into the opposite 2 cylinders. I think the front intake setup on the later 1uz's would be better, but it's still also designed to be a dry manifold, not wet/dry.
if you run alcohol, some cylinders may run lean, while others run rich. this may make tunning off.
Bob, your explanation makes a lot of sense...I plan on trying it..I will let you guys know...hopefully, we don't get Kaboom!!!

Ryan

Bob:

I was thiknking about one thing though...Even though water injection is injecting water, it os literally injecting an extremely atomized mist into the intake, of which my understanding is that the water droplets are literally vaporized instantaneously upon injection. I do not know a lot yet about water injection, but this is my understanding...If I am correct, there would be no condensation build up to be concerned about within the cylinders...

Ryan

what about using ethanol instead? not corrossive like meth and i'm sure has decent cooling properties also.

Methanol has much better cooling capability than ethanol. Plus meth is a better fuel additive.

Mixed 50:50 meth isn't too bad.

I have a Web address at work for a build it yourself kit that is no longer on the web. You can access the information still but it doesn't come up on searches. I'll post it up tomorrow.