Vortex AFM to MAF?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

och

Is there a way to convert the Vortex AFM on 1st gen LS400 to a hot wire MAF? I found MAF translators on maftpro.com but when I called them, they said these do not work with LS400. Is there anything that does?

well the supra people are using the ls400 afm on the 7mgte and they make a maft for the 7mgte so i dont see why it wouldnt work

I was under the impression the SONIC guys use the 1UZ AFM for it's size and use their existing KVG unit.

From what I've read they don't go MAP.

FYI
Yes it would work. Any MAFT designed for the 7MGTE will also work on the 1UZ KV AFM. I was using the MAFTPro for a 7MGTE on my 1UZ with no problems. Big difference between Maft and Maftpro is :
Maft-AFM translator
Maftpro-AFM translator or speed density conversion

thats what i thought, I have two hls vpc's for sale for the 7mgte that would also work and use a map sensor and air temp sensor

FYI
Yes it would work. Any MAFT designed for the 7MGTE will also work on the 1UZ KV AFM. I was using the MAFTPro for a 7MGTE on my 1UZ with no problems. Big difference between Maft and Maftpro is :
Maft-AFM translator
Maftpro-AFM translator or speed density conversion

Wait, let me see if I get this straight... You were using the MAFT made for MK3 supra on your 1uz engine. Did you have the 1uz swapped into your supra, along with the ECU? Because I called MAFT support, and they told me it will not work with LS400, because it has a different ECU. But if you're saying it work, I'll take your word for it, and give it a shot.

Also, I understand I can use either the MAFT for MK3 supra or MAFT Pro, but I'm probably better off with MAFT for MK3 supra, because I'm not looking to boost or anything.

Same/similar MAF, but different wiring harness/car/ecu.
You'd have to know the function of the wires involved, and their locations within the harness to do a swap, which would take a bit of studying of the two schematic's together.

SCV8 is correct. Wire harnesses will be different. But all the MAFT does is translate/convert MAF to KV AFM.
I must make this clear for everyone who may read this, this only applies to the early 1UZ with the Karmenn Vortex AFM, Not the later 1UZ, 2UZ or 3UZ.(standard disclaimer):squareeyed:
All you are doing is feeding an artificial Signal(Hz) to the ECU's KS input. A regular MAFT may require some additional fine tuning beyond the standard setup in the MkIII manual. It is possible. I used the MAFTPro for speed density, but set it up for MkIII Supra and it still fed an artificial signal to the ECU's KS input. Here is an image from one page of the 92 LS400 EWD to better explain the wire(KS) you are intercepting. In this image it is A8, the yellow and green wire. Double check your wiring diagram for your specific year to verify.

SCV8 is correct. Wire harnesses will be different. But all the MAFT does is translate/convert MAF to KV AFM.
I must make this clear for everyone who may read this, this only applies to the early 1UZ with the Karmenn Vortex AFM, Not the later 1UZ, 2UZ or 3UZ.(standard disclaimer):squareeyed:
All you are doing is feeding an artificial Signal(Hz) to the ECU's KS input. A regular MAFT may require some additional fine tuning beyond the standard setup in the MkIII manual. It is possible. I used the MAFTPro for speed density, but set it up for MkIII Supra and it still fed an artificial signal to the ECU's KS input. Here is an image from one page of the 92 LS400 EWD to better explain the wire(KS) you are intercepting. In this image it is A8, the yellow and green wire. Double check your wiring diagram for your specific year to verify.

Dude, thanks, you're a great help. I am going to be purchasing a MAFT for MK3 supra in the nearmost future, so I'm sure I will have a lot more questions.