Karmen Vortex Vs Hotwire

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

leeky

Hi Guys

Im fitting a MA61 Manual Supra with a 1UZ 96 ls400 Engine and mk3 turbo R154 Gearbox.

Problem for me is figuring out my ecu. Plan is to either go for an Autronic or get a crown ecu as i hear they dont mind working with a manual box unlike the ls400 ecu.

Thing is every crown ECU i see is setup to use a karmen vortex afm just like the earlier ls400's.

If i went for a crown ECU would it work on my LS400 engine with the Hotwire AFM on my engine?

cheers guys

Lee

No it won't.

The Crown ECU won't plug and play with an early LS400, or any other 1,2,3UZ, as the engine loom is different as ids the body loom.

All the plugs are different.

You'll need to go aftermarket.

Strange....thats not what it says here...

http://www.lextreme.com/1uzfe_info.html

For manual gearbox conversions (or operation with a manually shifted automatic transmission) the easiest option is to utilise a Crown ECU, as it will happily operate without the automatic transmission. There are three versions of this ECU with part numbers 89661-30430/431/432. These Crown ECUs have the same physical wiring and are directly interchangeable.

Maybe its the way its worded that confused me. Cheers for the info

The Crown ECU's are interchangable amongst themselves but not with other UZ variants.

To use a Crown ECU you need the Crown engine wiring harness which is subtley different to the SC and LS looms. They even have different igniter plugs.

This is not a simple swap.

The best option is leave the LS ECU and tell the ECU the gearbox in permanently in neutral.