Vortech V2 Ancilliaries

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Ewen

Hi all,

Dumb questions follow. I've searched the forums but haven't found exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm assembling the bits and bobs to supercharge my 1990 1UZFE. I've got the Fish bracket and a nice V2 to go on it, but I'm not clear on the bypass valve or pulley sizes.

When I was looking at using a roots blower I'd planned to calculate pulley sizes to deliver the required psi at a given rpm. However with the centrifugal setup this obviously isn't so simple to do.

Advice I'd been given was to use the biggest crank / smallest blower pullies practical, the idea I think then being to control boost with a bypass valve.

So, wondering about the pullies other people are using for one.

Next question, the bypass valve would really be working like an external wastegate in this set up wouldn't it? (albeit downwind of the blower instead of upwind of a turbo). Thus, do I use an external wastegate, or do I go for a turbo recirculating BOV / bypass? Again, what're folk using?

Thanks!
Ewen

Bypass is the easiest to set up. If you plan on under 10psi I have had good results with OEM audi TT bypass from the VW dealer and ran me $75 and works flawlessly. BOV is another option and IS do-able but requires more fine tuning soft/stiffness... don't run one w/o an adjustable knob... spring rates will get frustrating quick. As ypu mentioned the wastegate idea is also feasible but will cost much more than the other 2. If you ran wastegate you could step-up your V2 to spool quicker... but thats another can-o-worms.

As for pullies... the vortech/novi/procharger all use interchangeable pullies. They all can run 6-rib keyed pullies and some companies will offer sizes other companies won't. My 1991 1uz has a 3.60'' pulley and at sealevel I was seeing 7psi w/o an intake, just a screen on the charger. I believe that every .10'' increase w/ stock crank pulley should equal 1psi increases.

Forum member nemesis has a 3.40'' and is seeign 2psi more than my 3.60''. These might not be completely accurate numbers because the P1sc procharger flows 200cfm more which is 20% more air, figure 20% less for a closer estimate?
Hope this helps! and good luck.

Hi,

Thanks for this great info. It really helps a lot.

Off to do some more digging now that I know what I'm looking for.

Cheers!