Veyron Engine

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
W12s are interesting machines. Very compact. The banking between the two heads is quite small in comparison to a V12.

most V12s are 60 degrees, then what is the W12? 15 and 50?

ah scratch that. the two banks of VR4s joined end to end, with a 90 degree andgle in between the two.

VW's VR6 motors are banked at a 32 degree angle and run very similarly to an inline-6 (the firing order is the same). This W12 is basically two VR6 motors sharing a single crankshaft.

see this !!!!!

EPA Fuel Economy

Fuel Type​

Premium Gasoline​
MPG (city)​
8​
MPG (highway)​
15​
MPG (combined)​
10​

thats not really a suprise. the Veyron weighs more than 2 tons. if i put that engine in an Ultima GTR, i bet it would get at least 20 MPG.

New LS is over 2 tons and gets 27 mpg highway. It's not all about weight, especially on hwy miles. That veyron engine is just a thirsty one.

errr... no weight is always a performance killer. Ok constant highway average speeds reduces the issue but in the real world there is plenty of stop/starts and that kills the mpg.

Also weight is an issue as the haulage industry has plenty of data based around shipping weights etc as a full load always chews more fuel than an empty one.

New LS is over 2 tons and gets 27 mpg highway. It's not all about weight, especially on hwy miles. That veyron engine is just a thirsty one.

last time i checked, the LS460 doesnt have a quad turbo, 8L, W16, that puts out 900+ HP.

And wasn't it Mr Clarkson who said at full speed the fuel range is 12 minutes or 50Miles!

I could cross Europe faster in any familly sedan as I wouldn't need to stop for fuel so often.

Sounds like the Hare and the Tortoise.
!

Rod, not directed at you personally.....but....

It's funny how mileage is always brought up when talking about hi-po cars.... same deal with the younger fellas in other forums complaining about insurance costs and such....

The way i see it, a performance car is something you buy because you don't care about how many mpg it gets, or how much insurance and police attention it gets. I truly believe what i've just writte, haha. Widebodied supra with a howling v12... that should give the boys in blue something to watch for. Might also want to add that expected fuel consumption won't break any records once the turbo's are installed.

At the end of the day, someone who can afford the Veyron won't be the kind that'll drive it across EU..... but the good ol' boys on Top Gear thought it a grand idea, haha.

I wonder what kind of turbos they're using. The turbine housings look somewhat like the old school T4s, but I doubt they use any old school turbos here. In the first picture of show room condition, the turbo manifolds are chromed, I doubt the real ones are also chromed. The chrome coating won't last under 2000 Fahrenheit degree.

i bet they are titanium, or superstrong forged steel. not to mention each cylinder only puts down.... 61.8 HP.

they are probably standard fitment from something like a W8/10/12 of a V5 etc and standard materials.

Ouch, I guess that fuel economy isn't much of a concern if you can actually afford the car. Still, that's pretty terrible, but it DOES have 1001hp.
That's true. The one who can afford such cars don't care about gas consumption. Let's say our LS400 or SC400 with a mild turbocharger might consume around 12 mpg. A stock V6 Tacoma 4x4 already consumes 13 mpg (although it's estimated for 16-19) for both highway and city. And many people are driving bigger trucks everyday.