Vegemite Outrage !!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kiwi.in.aus

Vegemite has become illegal in America because of the Folic acid it contains , only bread and cereals are allowed to have folic acid in them now !!
This is a matter of National importance , how dare they ban Vegemite , countrys have gone to war over lessor things than this !!
We Australians will have to cafefully consider our next move , maybe midnight vegemite drops by helicopter in secret locations ?

I don't think we have vegemite in the US. For some don't know what it is:
Vegemite is made from leftover brewers' yeast extract, a by-product of beer manufacture, and various vegetable and spice additives. The taste is difficult to describe but is extremely salty and slightly bitter, and as might be expected, malty, similar to the taste of beef bouillon. The texture is smooth, resembling margarine. While highly popular in Australia and New Zealand, it has never been successfully marketed elsewhere. It is notorious for the dislike it generates amongst some foreigners. Vegemite is not liked by all Australians — some find it far too salty to be palatable — but it remains an iconic symbol of Australia. It is available at some supermarkets and specialty food shops in a number of other countries.

sounds like something i would aviod eating at all costs :006: like asparagus :shock:

Vegemite has become illegal in America because of the Folic acid it contains , only bread and cereals are allowed to have folic acid in them now !!
This is a matter of National importance , how dare they ban Vegemite , countrys have gone to war over lessor things than this !!
We Australians will have to cafefully consider our next move , maybe midnight vegemite drops by helicopter in secret locations ?

It's really another cunning plan hatched by our lovable trio Cheney, Rummy and Bush to achieve world dominance in Vegemite production and export. Watch the headlines soon for "credible evidence" of WMD in Vegemite factories.....

That's right !!
" I'm not paranoid , the world really is against me !! "
Just ask my analyst , he'll tell you !!
Vegemite lovers unite and invoke anarchy , anarchism for all !!
Australians and Kiwi's in America should organise protest rallies , let those narrow minded do gooders know how we feel !!
And yes I'm a logical lateral thinking Kiwi , but I also aline with Australia a bit as I live here , John Howard just needs to get a spine .
Of course when Australia and New Zealand are playing I have to barrack for my home country !!

I bloody hate Marmite, which means chances are I'll hate bloody Vegamite!!!!!

Nasty 'orrible stuff!

yep 99% of people put it on thick like it was peanut butter or jam. The big trick to it is to put the smallest amount on. You only need about 1/4 a teaspoon on a piece of bread/toast.

your 100% correct GUTS, every time i see some 1 on tv giving foreigner's a taste the toast looks like they got vegimite with a side of toast lol. the slightest amount with hot butter is awsome

Come on - anything to be consumed which is a left over of the brewing process has got to be good!

Its possible to ferment vegemite and citrus juices to make booze though Im not sure how. Vegemite is a top aussie product!

Only real men eat Vegemite.

All the rest are just girls!

David,

Vegemite wasn't banned it was proposed it would be banned because Folate is added to various food types by manufacturers and the FDA decided only certain products should have folate in them.

The folate in Vegemite is a natual by-product of the yeast used to make it.

The FDA won't be banning the product.

For all you Americans Vegemite is manufactured by the KRAFT compnay.

Folate is recomended in the diet of pregnant women for the childs benefit. I forget what the benefit is but it's pretty major.

Folate is good for people with:
pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding)
alcohol abuse
malabsorption
kidney dialysis
liver disease
certain anemias

Folate intake from food is not associated with any health risk. The risk of toxicity from folic acid intake from supplements and/or fortified foods is also low. It is a water soluble vitamin, so any excess intake is usually excreted in urine. There is some evidence that high levels of folic acid can provoke seizures in patients taking anti-convulsant medications. Anyone taking such medications should consult with a medical doctor before taking a folic acid supplement.

The Institute of Medicine has established a tolerable upper intake level (UL) for folate from fortified foods or supplements (i.e. folic acid) for ages one and above. Intakes above this level increase the risk of adverse health effects. In adults, supplemental folic acid should not exceed the UL to prevent folic acid from triggering symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency. It is important to recognize that the UL refers to the amount of synthetic folate (i.e. folic acid) being consumed per day from fortified foods and/or supplements. There is no health risk, and no UL, for natural sources of folate found in food.

Its recommended people should not take more then 1000 ug for adult. Can someone send me some to try. We dont have it here. LOOL

It's good on a Sunday morning after a night on the turps. A great vitamin B hit to kick off the day, lay it on thick you wimps.

my 2 year old loves the stuff - fistfuls at a time.

me - i'm an addict and so is my wife.

you can turn an orange half into an orange "cider" by spreading vegemite on it and putting it in the fridge for a day.