V8 PT Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Thanks Guys
Got the car registered and WOF so all legal for the road
took into the local Chrysler dealer just to show them wat they should have. A lot of cell phone photos seem to have been shot
just about lost it leaving just got it back on full lock otherwise would have ended up doing a 360 It steps out real fast heaps of fun
Drags at Meremere on 29th hope to have some better rubber buy then

first day at dragstrip

Went to Test and tune meet at Local dragstrip
got 12.6 at 112mph
Have now conected the launch control and flat shift so hope to get it down a bit at 1st meeting in December

My Job

Not at the moment Have been involved with cars for a long time and Built my first car a VW beach buggy at 15
am a mechanic by trade and ran a specialized Turbo shop in the 80s but have been building trailers for the last 20 years

Broken Axle

Just back from our local dragstrip
after ditching the air/ air intercooler and fitting a water/air cooler with a ice tank for the drags
12.2 112mph first run
then a 12.001 115mph
so whent for the 11s but all we got was a broken axle
Bugger
will need to upgrade axles

Very nice low 12s! I wouldn't think the Chrysler axle could hold that much tq. :tongue: Have you dynoed the car yet?

Attachments

• Mini_Van_Passenger_Vehicle.jpg
    Mini_Van_Passenger_Vehicle.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 120
rear end

Has a soarer rear subframe with a Supra housing and TRD 2 way locker
running at 450Hp at engine 525ftlbs torque 10lbs at moment
been told mk4 turbo supra axles are stronger but not a easy thing to get hold off buy the look of it

Even MKIII axles should do the job,,,kinda huge :) I have been running those in my car at theb track for 5 years now....no breakages as yet (touch wood).

We have local cars on those axles doing sub 10's and one about to break inot the 8's so should do you easy.

Was there any axle tramp? that'll kill axles real quick

axle

no tramp just 10lb launch and clean break in middle
I new wind up was happening as the paint was peeling from the axle shaft
MK 111 is that ma70? has different inner joint than soarer dont they?
Thanks
Tim

I was going to suggest the same axles as justin did. the MKIII axles are quite strong. I dont know if the inner joint is different or not, but I have heard of people installing a MKIV diff and housing into a MKIII but I dont know what they did about the axles and if the bolted up or had to change the joint or what. But if it connected fairly easly, then I would suspect that you shouldn't have any issue changing over to the MKIII axles.

Fitted some bigger axles
MK IV TT Supra or Turbo Aristo axles are 29.3
standard Soarer or non turbo supra are 26.7
so 20% more material
So no wind up on take off so now get less traction as shocks the tyres more
best et 12.0 on easy start drops down to 12.2 if we get to aggressive on the start now need bigger tyres
But where having Fun

That's superb.

Do you have any photo's of the project on it's transformation.

Got a Diesel Crusier and it's crying out for something like this.

Thanks.

Last edited:
whats happened to my photos?

Hi sprintV8
there was a whole build up photos one my thread but for some reason do not show any more
have asked how to get them back but no reply as yet
do not appair to be able to edit any more

Attachments

• P1040675.JPG
    P1040675.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 26
  • P1040669.JPG
    P1040669.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 20