V8 PT Cruiser

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

toyauto

:pat: 3.5 years of work and my project is expected to hit the road in April
Take a 2002 Crysler PT and cut the thing to bits. Take a 91 Soarer and cut it up also and JUST join it together. Sounds easy NOT
To make it a bit Harder throw in a Turbo an R154 conversion as well
Motor Just off the engine dyno 450hp at 10lbs

Attachments

• Lexus-Forged-Rods-Mod.JPG
    Lexus-Forged-Rods-Mod.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 211
I have always thought that a PT Cruiser would be a cool platform for a modern streetrod with plenty of cubes and Rear wheel drive. Looks like you think the same. I look forward to seeing it in the flesh - cheers

Wow i never thought i would ever see a PT with a 1UZ, what a fantastic project! Can't wait to see this one leaving marks on the road :)

You'll never see one in Austraila.

You can't swap a FWD to RWD and vice versa.

This is why Justen used a GT4 and not a cooking variety Celica.

:spank: U guys in OZ dont have a lot of fredom
Just about finished the wiring about 100 hrs
had to use some after market gauges as Crysler cluster was cam bar controlled from PT ECU
Suspension all back in
Time to put the motor back in

All I can say is you like a challenge.

That wiring makes my eyes hurt.

Did you have any spares left over?

Huge effort.

When u have a complete Soarer loom and a PT loom splice together u end up with a heap left over That the scrap man pays $4 kg for that helps pay for some tape to wrap it up again

The weeks work

:kabong: Got the trans on R154 box,7 1/4 powertrain tripple plate cluch, after market hydraulic push release,
Custom CNC adapter, custom frywheel
Sqeeeeezed the motor back in

will put in more photos as i get it assembled
A lable maker is a great idea, just usedf masking tape , pen and a note book, now the wirings just about complete the next one would take half the time

Now this is ironic. Yesterday I was walking through a salvage yard and walked past a PT and though to myself, "1UZ into a PT. Now there would be an off the wall, oddball swap!" and today I happen across this tread....

That too funny....

Anyways, looking good man. Keep it up!!!!!!