Wanted V8 MiNES ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
im pretty sure someone on here was selling oen of these awhile ago

y do u want a mines ecu

do u know what power gains are from ths to std ecu

ive never been one for chipped ecus

usually gain abit but loose alot fo fuel economy

but i could be worng

Hmm well I'll see if I can track it down then. I did a search but I didn't find anyone. can't remember who it was can you?

Not so much worried about fuel economy. Just wanted to see about power gains... I hear somewhere in the 10rwkw mark, which is what I would want.

I'd go a motec or Adaptronics but there isn't anyone in adelaide that does them.

10 kw

fuk i would not piss on anything if i gained only that much

its only like the dofferene between night and day

1uzs are funny ive seen many guys fit aftermarket ecus to std enigne and gain not much

u really have to do mechanical wrk too

even cams are a major hassle and costs for the gains u get

they are a good engine but not for good hp gaons compared to price

this is my opinion and im sure most will disagree as i bag this enigne out someitmes

keep it std unles su want to go turbo

this is when they perform very well

any othe rtime u do not get you rmoneys worth

if u are goin to pay 500 to 700 for mines ecu then its not worth the gains

i think best gains are made tru diff ratio or thru goin manual gbox

my 1uz in my hilux feels ok but i would not ay its a race horse

i do not promote people fititng them to cars if they want power

but if i spent the money and fitted a manual behind it i recond it would excite me

anyway just my opinion as i have worked on over 50 1uz conversions

and the manual ones sound and go very well

I totally disagree with the previous post !!
I actually have a Mines ECU fitted to my 90 Celsior so I'm actually talking from a position of knowing .
If Sideshow has actually had a Mines ECU fitted I will take it all back , but I get really pissed off with people who post so strongly about something they really know nothing about !!!
Other people actually read that stuff and believe it , it's fine to offer an opinion but the previous post is way more than that .
As a point not only have I fitted a Mines ECU to my 90 Celsior but my brother in NZ has also got one on his 93 LS400 and he was totally blown away by the improvement , he expected it to be better , but just a little bit better , not the huge improvement in real life driving .
Both of us agree it's money very well spent .
My Celsior has gained about 30 to 40 HP , not only are the shift points changed but how it shifts has also changed , my redline has also advanced to 7,500 RPM , the car is just stronger and crisper everywhere but even more so above 2,800 RPM , economy is also slightly better .
In side by side comparo's with 3 other Celsior's mine just walks away .
It's noticeable by other Celsior/LS400 owners even when they are just a passenger .
For some-one who wants an improvement but isn't into turbo's andf such like it's a GREAT thing .
The best thing is it's plug and play , fitted in about 20 min's , not every one has the time or the money OR the desire to fit aftermarket ECU's and then have to tune them !!
Sideshow it might not be your thing , but that still doesn't mean it's not value for money .

Exactly Rich!

If I ever go forced induction, sure it will be useless, as I will need a full aftermarket tuned. But for the time being I'd just really like to get my hands on one.

So back to the original question of does anyone know where I can get hold of one.

Ashlar Mines ECU's are like gold , they are where you find them !!
You can still buy them new but pretty expensive about $2500.00 I believe .
As a note eventually I will be fitting an M90 supercharger to my Celsior running it at about 6 to 7 PSI and sticking with the Mines ECU as I can send it back to Mines with the info on what I'm running and they will redo it to suit .
So along with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator that's all I will need .
Very handy !!

10 kw

fuk i would not piss on anything if i gained only that much

its only like the dofferene between night and day

1uzs are funny ive seen many guys fit aftermarket ecus to std enigne and gain not much

u really have to do mechanical wrk too

even cams are a major hassle and costs for the gains u get

they are a good engine but not for good hp gaons compared to price

this is my opinion and im sure most will disagree as i bag this enigne out someitmes

keep it std unles su want to go turbo

this is when they perform very well

any othe rtime u do not get you rmoneys worth

if u are goin to pay 500 to 700 for mines ecu then its not worth the gains

i think best gains are made tru diff ratio or thru goin manual gbox

my 1uz in my hilux feels ok but i would not ay its a race horse

i do not promote people fititng them to cars if they want power

but if i spent the money and fitted a manual behind it i recond it would excite me

anyway just my opinion as i have worked on over 50 1uz conversions

and the manual ones sound and go very well

Haven't owned a MiNes myself ('cos they're as rare as a rare thing), but dfo know someone who had PLENTY of money and sourced one for his Soarer. The big plus with these is that they are a "re-jigged" factory ECU. in other words, Plug and Play.

Given the complexity of getting anything aftermarket to work with these cars (Celsiors/Soarers), something you can just plug in and go is a real plus.