Just paid for a MiNES ECU from Japan

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Kev

Hi all,

Was just flicking through ebay and came across a MiNES ECU to suit a Celsior, to which I have. Anyway, to cut it short I won the item and paid for it today and now have to wait a week or two. I have heard that these ECU's really wake up the docile Celsiors and am looking forward to seeing the result. Of corse if I ever get around to putting the supercharger on my car, I will have to sell it and I also have an Adaptronic waiting for that. But maybe with the extra power, I might be happy and just do a manual conversion instead.

Kev

wil be interesting to see how it goes

usually the ecu gets tuned to maybe other mods done to the engine

make sur eu see hgow the fuel economy goes hopefully it leans out mixtures u top cause the std ecu is not very good and dumps the fuel in on full throttle as a safety feature

Shidshow,

Have just been told the ECU plugs for the 90-92 models are different than the 92-94 models and dont think this will fit my 90 model :tapedshut:

Maybe a MiNES up for sale soon, that was a short lived bit of joy I had.

buying stuff on ebay is hit and miss half the time with car stuff

i tend to think twice about fitting 2nd hand stuff people have bought of ebay

either that or just say no matter how the unit works ior not i wil still charge what i quoted

another thing is ive never been fond of pre tuned ecus which u cannot mod over here in australia

on the other hand u might be able to repin yr wiring loom to suit the new ecu

but not a 5 minute job

Have also been told that apparently the board voltage changed so you can't even rewire them, dont know if this is 100% correct or not.

I don't see how that is possible, unless say the AFM or ignitor is different (unlikely), or how it interfaces with the other ecus/dash is different.

Its still 12V, its still negative earth, every sensor I can think of is the same, so repinning should work for the most part.

If you can't find a 92-94 LS400 wiring diagram, find the 96 SC400 one, and compare it to a 90/91 diagram, see if anything is different in how its wired (ignoring the sequential injection of 96 SC400)

Thanks Peewee,

Re the voltage, it was only what I was told. With that said, when the ECU arrives tomorrow it will then be posted off to its new owner in New Zealand as I have already sold it.

Kev