Upper Oil Pan & Sump Q's?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cribbj

"Supra" Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for these basic questions, I should be using the search function, but I'm on an Internet connection that is slow and very unreliable, and I can't view any pics.

1) Are 2UZ upper oil pans & sumps interchangeable with the 1UZ?

2) Is the above is yes, then is there a rear sump 2UZ setup that would bolt up to the 1UZ block?

With 1UZ rear sump setups becoming more difficult to find, perhaps 2UZ parts could be an alternative?

Sorry for these basic questions, I should be using the search function, but I'm on an Internet connection that is slow and very unreliable, and I can't view any pics.

2) Is the above is yes, then is there a rear sump 2UZ setup that would bolt up to the 1UZ block?

With 1UZ rear sump setups becoming more difficult to find, perhaps 2UZ parts could be an alternative?

Good morning John,

To address your questions:
Yes. The bolt pattern is the same. However, there are 4 bolts/studs are different sizes. The 2uzfe upper pan has larger holes so no modification require. I have 2uzfe block with 1uzfe upper pan, so I need to drill/enlarger the few holes slightly.

As far as I know. Only SC400 has rear sump. The rest (all UZFE) has some type of front sump. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You should have told me. I just sold a complete rear sump kit (upper, lower, oil pick up, oil sensor and dipstick) for $100. Let me keep an eye open if you need a set.

Thanks David, pity the 2UZ's don't have rear sumps. That would have been too easy, eh?

Yes I'm on the hunt for a rear sump setup. I have a line on one from a member here, but it may not be available soon enough, so I'm looking around.

Aliga has one but apparently the alloy upper pan is cracked.

there is a rear sump 2uz. it's in the 100 series landcruiser 99 and up (i think)
i was having trouble find a rear sump so i went and got one new from toyota (working there is good)
only problem i have now is that toyota dont make the oil pickup at all !!!
so i'm trying to find one from a wrecker but it's like pulling teeth :(

or i'll just make one out of the front sump pickup.

but for 4wd apps. it's prefect for clearance if the tail shaft is on the right side. (patrol and landcruiser)

P/N are 12102-50090 for the lower half and 12111-50090 for the upper alloy bit/ bit pricey tho, these two set me back 550 with out the baffle plate dipstick and D/S tube. but all these are 20.50, 15 and 25 $AUD.

but if your not into hours of modding the 1uz sump this is much easyer
and will work out cheaper in the long run for the guy im doing this for.
and if you go second hand you could get the lot for arounf $4/550 from a wrecker. (but wait till i get my pick up :fingersx: )

still waiting for the photos to load up, they'll be up soon.