1UZ upper oil pan crack suggestions?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

AimCOTaco

Got a good deal on a buddy's 1UZ swap "stuff" so I have a 1999 US GS400 motor and trans + 1999 SC400 harness and ecu as well as a shifter and bunch of other odds and ends. I also have a 2UZ land cruiser and look forward to more UZ time. May swap this 1UZ into my e21 after some more head scratching and run testing.

Question is: I have this cracked upper pan that looks like a forklift bump and I'm looking for suggestions.
Would you just JB weld this up and maybe fix later?
How much time is needed to swap the pans on a stand? Good source for another casting?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20210916_205950s.jpg
    20210916_205950s.jpg
    620.2 KB · Views: 6
Got a good deal on a buddy's 1UZ swap "stuff" so I have a 1999 US GS400 motor and trans + 1999 SC400 harness and ecu as well as a shifter and bunch of other odds and ends. I also have a 2UZ land cruiser and look forward to more UZ time. May swap this 1UZ into my e21 after some more head scratching and run testing.

Question is: I have this cracked upper pan that looks like a forklift bump and I'm looking for suggestions.
Would you just JB weld this up and maybe fix later?
How much time is needed to swap the pans on a stand? Good source for another casting?

Thanks in advance!
Agree with Zuffen. Best way to repair is to remove, clean and tig weld. If you don't want to weld, you could try a metal glue. There are a heap of different types on the market. Most are a 2 part epoxy. The one I have used many times and works well for this type of job is called Devcon. However if you do glue the repair, be sure to repair the pan so the surface is flat otherwise it will stress the repair area.