UCF11 Celsior- need help

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
even if u turn wheel slowly u should be able to get 0 volts then flick up to 5 or 7 volts then abck to 0 volts

u can remove sensor from gearbox then spin it by hand

anyway i looked at my diags

the yellow is the signal like u said it should fluctuate as u spin it

the white is ground or 0 volts and it is earthed at the back of the dash inside the cluster

99% of auto elects wont have signal geenerators as they know jack **** bout anything except for fixing door locks on fords or holdens hehehehehe

if u have 12v and an earth and u get no fluctuating voltage on the signal then you have a faulty sensor most probably

you can bench test these sensors its fiddly but u just have to replicate the 3 wires on the speedo sensor plug

Thanks sideshow, i will remove the sensor and check to see if the output signal fluctuates.

a/c parts

hi all
sounds like the compressor has seized internally? if it has it will have put metal through the evaporator and the condensor - best to do both. the evap is easy with just pulling the glovebox out. i will have a look and try to find the guy i bought the bits from. i think i payed ~ 550 for the comp, ~ 250 condensor, ~250 evap all new.

Attachments

• engmnte.jpg
    engmnte.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 346
hi all
sounds like the compressor has seized internally? if it has it will have put metal through the evaporator and the condensor - best to do both. the evap is easy with just pulling the glovebox out. i will have a look and try to find the guy i bought the bits from. i think i payed ~ 550 for the comp, ~ 250 condensor, ~250 evap all new.
Thanks mate, it would be much appreciated.

I removed the speedo sensor from the gearbox tonight to bench test it. I connected 12V to the red/blue pin, earthed the white pin and measured the voltage output from the yellow pin. The voltage was a constant 12V and did not fluctuate when spinning the cog. I will ring the wrecker where i purchased the part and see if they will exchange it for a working one. Hopefully it is just another faulty sensor and nothing more.

just use voltage
frequency is good for hi rpm signals

if yr spinning it by hand u should easily see the voltage rise

you should have spent the money and sent yr sensor down to me
then i could have tested it then i could have supplied another sensor all tested

voltage or frequency?

a/c parts - craig pattison was very easy to get along with. http://www.nippon.com.au/profile.htm

I used voltage. Thanks for the link, i'll give craig a call.

you should have spent the money and sent yr sensor down to me
then i could have tested it then i could have supplied another sensor all tested

If i lived in the same town as you my car would definately be at your shop. I still need to drive the car so i could afford to send the sensor away without replacing it.

The wrecker has agreed to swap the sensor for another. The reason i'm trying to sort it out myself is i don't want to be charged $$$ by someone local that has no idea what they are doing.

I received the replacement speedo sensor from the wrecker today. This time i tested it before i installed it. Sensor works fine and now so does my speedo :)

I contacted Nippon Air parts regarding my aircon and they can supply a remanufactured compressor for $475, Receiver Drier for $20 and the evaporator for $400. I now just have to see it i can remove the blower unit to get to the evaporator, I've attached the pdf files.