two instrument cluster problems

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

benjatelcom

two instrument cluster problems (brake light and rev counter)

Hi everyone,

Just moved over here from the lexus owners forums. I wanted to throw two questions out about my instrument cluster.

My Tach needle doesn't move much at all. It seems to maintain a below 0 position most of the time, and durning high revs it just cracks the 1k mark and drops back below 0 when the transmission shifts. It does seem to get a signal, since it moves, it just seems like the signal is too weak in amplitude or frequency.

My other problem is the "BRAKE" warning lamp. Its always on. I checked my brake fluid level sensor and it is working fine. No ABS warnings either. The parking brake switch is not setting the light either. The only other thing I thought it could be was the brake bias switch.

Any other thoughts?

TIA

Ben

Hi Ben

Had the same problem, finally found the sendsons placed on each wheel has be checked and cleansed by clean spirit, as sometime they do give out warning. I had the same instance after replacing the brake pads, brake fluids. One thing you have to be careful is the shims which is sitting along with the brake pad has to be adjusted and seated properly. cheers