Twin turbo's from Subaru

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lambo

Hi Guys, Been a while since i was here been busy with working on the project , i have been thinking about twin turbos running 7-8lbs boost for my lambo, i have found a couple of Subaru legacy wagon turbos in good nick ,as these cars are 2l two turbos looks a go. They are IHI and are both water and oil cooled, the model i have is the VF10, after many hours digging i have found a map for them, can anyone offer an opinion on these, i know they are probably not the best choice but they were only $90 each complete with everything down pipes/flanges the lot, and can be replaced later with something better when funds allow, i have attached what i believe to be the correct map any thoughts, my plan was to run low boost 7-8 hopefully to avoid the CR change issues, may need bigger injectors etc.

Regards
Lambo

for $90 can't go to wrong, considering people run up to 18psi boost off these into the EJ20T motors, effectively they are going to be fed off 4 cyclinders so they shouldn't been oversped

They are very good source of turbo for your application. For the price, you cant beat it. If you have little more money, you can get the STI version. I was told they are ball bearing. The cost is little higher then $90 each. I was looking at them also while back. However, I am looking for big hp on my SC470TT so i can not use them. Otherwise, they will be a great choice if you can get some flanges made up. They dont take the standard T25 or T3 flange. I think its a triangle type of exhaust flange. Great choice and let us know...

Lextreme said:
They are very good source of turbo for your application. For the price, you cant beat it. If you have little more money, you can get the STI version. I was told they are ball bearing. The cost is little higher then $90 each. I was looking at them also while back. However, I am looking for big hp on my SC470TT so i can not use them. Otherwise, they will be a great choice if you can get some flanges made up. They dont take the standard T25 or T3 flange. I think its a triangle type of exhaust flange. Great choice and let us know...
it depends on which model of the STI turbo, as if it is ball bearing or not. but none the less the only down side is the flanges for the turbine inlet manifold, it's a funny shape, stupid subaru, limits what upgrades you can put in. I know since i have a RS turbo....

about the only thing i see wrong with those flange's is that on the larger plate, it doesn't have a wastegate outlet, in which i mean, the wastegate does have a hole for it self, it needs to turn at right angles and join the exhaust flow, which will cause turbulance.

but none the less good find Lextreme

Subaru flanges

Thanks for the info Lex,and graeme79, Just found you posts when i got the turbos i also pulled the flanges, i figured for anothe $10 i could save an awful lot of hacksawing 12mm plate heheh, is there a good reason to have a separate hole for the waste gate exit, if so does it just route back into the exhaust further down the drop tube, or do you run it to an external waste gate muffler, if so are there any advantages one way or the other.
Regards
Lambo

Lambo said:
Thanks for the info Lex,and graeme79, Just found you posts when i got the turbos i also pulled the flanges, i figured for anothe $10 i could save an awful lot of hacksawing 12mm plate heheh, is there a good reason to have a separate hole for the waste gate exit, if so does it just route back into the exhaust further down the drop tube, or do you run it to an external waste gate muffler, if so are there any advantages one way or the other.
Regards
Lambo
They say seperatre pipes cuts down back pressure from the turbo, and increases spool up time, but it also looses low end, but increases mid to high end power. Where on the other hand a bell mouth collector allow for good flow down low, but in high RPM situations there is a lot of turbulance present in the area off the turbine and w/gate outlets...
The other option to run a a seperate w/gate screamer pipe which went to the atmosphere, but you will get a lot of extra attention for the Police, EPA, and all those 'anti fun' people..