Tuning for LESS power....?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jesus-Ninja

Perhaps not such an odd question. I'll need to uprate a couple of items in my project, but before I spend money on those, the priority is getting the engine mated, installed and the car running on a few trackdays. Problem is, some of the stock items are going to get lunched after about 200lbft.

So, whilst the plan is to run my VVTi lump on stock power, which is plenty for the application, initially I'd like to down-tune it. Is there an easy option here, such as an inlet restriction? I know that the cheapest option is a gentle foot, but realistically I don't want to be focusing on limiting my foot whilst trying to explore the limits of balance in the car.

I'd probably initially try it before the air filter. That should allow enough pipe & diffusion for the airflow to settle down a bit before hitting the MAF.

That's just my initial kneejerk perspective, but someone might have a compelling argument for putting it after the MAF.

I'm with John.

Place it at the entrance to the air inlet tract.

What can't get in can't get burnt.

You could do all sorts of things like dial back ign timing but restricting airflow is how most vehicles are regulated.

Look at NASCAR int he old days or even Formula 1.

Just put a fully threaded bolt (set screw under the pedal. That way you can adjust more or less power as you want it