Tundra with Dana 44 axles

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nunavut

Hi, I have a 2001 Tundra with a Wrangler 4x4 steering box. My oil filter and air conditioner puller are extremely close to the steering box. I’ve been running it like this for a year now in Northern Canada where we have only gravel roads, pot holes and lots of rocks not to mention really cool off road terrain.

I ordered a by pass oil filter by AmsOil that will solve the filter problem by having the filter up on the firewall or fender. The air conditioner pulley is so close to the box that it actually has been grinding when the truck is under stress. Living in the arctic I did away with the Air conditioner when I cut out the IFS and put in a Dana 44 from a F-150. All the pulley needs is 1/2 inch and it will clear no problem. I know air was an option so I am wondering if there is a smaller pulley with bracket and a shorter belt that would have come on non-air models?

Can anyone help me here with a part numbers for a Lexus car or Toyota truck 4.7 L V8 that has a smaller pulley then the air conditioner one?

Thanks

Jay

As you don't use your air conditioning why not just take the Compressor off the engine and buy a shorter belt.

If you remove the compressor the belt will run from the right hand side (looing at it) of the crank pulley around the left side of the idler or fan pulley over the top idler pulley then around the P/S and alternator then over the top of the tensioner and back to the right hand side of the crank pulley.

To work out the belt size you need use your existing belt and put it on in the above sequence and measure how much shorter it needs to be. Don't forget to use a 14mm spanner to pre-load the tensioner otherwise your belt will be too long.

That thought did cross my mind but I figured that I had to have a pulley where the compressor was. I assumed that non air models came with some sort of bolt on bracket, do you know if non air models simply have a shorter belt?

Thanks

Jay

PM 400ZED.

He runs the engine without the air con. He may also run without P/S.

He'll be able to confirm the way the belt should run and assuming he is using his P/S he may be able to tell you the belt size he's using. I'm not sure the Tundra runs the same size pulleys as the sedans.