Trottle cable mounting help?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Jake Breyck

could some one explane what part im missing maybe with pics, my trottle cable has no where to mount. i do not cruse control hooked up at all. dont even have the parts if i wanted. but there are two tapped holes that are perfect for a cable support braket, but ive never seen the braket if there is one at all.

anyhow other then makeing my own braket that i have started to make is there an oem bolt on braket to support the cable? pics? if anyone has one for sale ?

Well no, that one the cable is supposed to come from the other side from where i need it. and i get the feeling thats normal for all cars. takeing pics of my motor, stay tuned!!!

Jake, I think if you get that bracket, but from a US car, it should work. That pic is from an Aus car or other RHD place and I'm pretty sure on my motor that bracket is on the manifold side of the tb. I'll check tomorrow though. The only thing that I saw might be an issue is the length of the throttle cable from the threaded section to the ball at the end. But I didn't do any measuring or anything other than glance at it real quick.

that bracket on the TB that 4000gt posted is on US cars also.

Jake, I'll try to get over to my stock pile tomorrow evening and see if I have the one off of my motor. If so, its yours being that I am making a new plenum(s) with forward facing TB's

ok heres a pic of my cable as it sits right now..

note the two bolts the cable passing between i kinda need somthing that bolts there and holds the cable.

Chris i did start makeing one, but at best its temperary, do you think you could help me make a better aluminum one?

img_5277-scale.jpg

if my temp mount works, then i wont be in a crazy hurry. saturday im gunna go watch/crew my bosses car at bradinton, sunday i was thinking about hitting up the junk yards, if you wanta meet up thats cool.

if my temp mount works, then i wont be in a crazy hurry. saturday im gunna go watch/crew my bosses car at bradinton, sunday i was thinking about hitting up the junk yards, if you wanta meet up thats cool.

I was actually thinking about hitting up the ford nationals on sat too. If you want company on sunday, I wouldn't mind a bit of junk yard searching either....

cool deal. well you know what rustys car looks like so come hang out with us.

sunday is on, I think that kid that lives down the street from me with the mk3 is comming too.

ok well, i made a temp braket that i can use to atleast drive the car up to the my friends shop where ill be doing the exhust, but its not somthing i would rely on for any heavy drving.

my trottle cable seems too short and the agles i dont like.

If anyone can take a pic of working throttle linkage with the 'TRAC' cover taken off so i can see how its supposed to work and see all the parts. thanks.

ok well, i made a temp braket that i can use to atleast drive the car up to the my friends shop where ill be doing the exhust, but its not somthing i would rely on for any heavy drving.

my trottle cable seems too short and the agles i dont like.

If anyone can take a pic of working throttle linkage with the 'TRAC' cover taken off so i can see how its supposed to work and see all the parts. thanks.

Jake, not sure if you got this fixed yet, but I'll grab a pic from my intake for you. There is indeed a bracket there the cable goes through. Here is one from the front which will give you some idea. I'll get a better shot tonight after work.

http://picasaweb.google.com/milisakeracing/1uzfe/photo#5118828997798492818

Jake, not sure if you got this fixed yet, but I'll grab a pic from my intake for you. There is indeed a bracket there the cable goes through. Here is one from the front which will give you some idea. I'll get a better shot tonight after work.

Damn 5min edit rule....I swear 5min did not pass while I grabbed the link info. Just click the magnifier in the upper right corner on Google's page to get a better view:

Dude, just frigg'n connect that trottle cable already, how hard can it be?...

Use the stock trottle position mounts and TPS that would already be on a stock motor, the cable housing unit and fixing and connecting points.. Connect that S.O.B. already in stock form and you should be good to go, no?...

I've looked over my SC400 throttle connections and it's all right there..You need pics?

Dude, just frigg'n connect that trottle cable already, how hard can it be?...

Use the stock trottle position mounts and TPS that would already be on a stock motor, the cable housing unit and fixing and connecting points.. Connect that S.O.B. already in stock form and you should be good to go, no?...

I've looked over my SC400 throttle connections and it's all right there..You need pics?

Gee, you don't think I know this Jibby since I already have the motor with all of its stock parts bolted into my engine bay? Stock throttle cable for the 7M-GTE in the '87 Supra is too short and I do not have the stock cable from the 1UZ since it was cut...

Looks like Jake's worked because, I'm guessing, the Supra he used had the 7M-GE which had the throttle body further away, nearly in the stock position of the throttle body on the 1UZ.

Picture for you so you can see what I am talking about (ignore the wires, still re-looming and the last vacuum port on the TB has been capped now as well):