Tremec boxes. TKO2 and TKO600

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cuh8er

Hi all,
First post on here but i've been around for a while, researching a few bits and pieces. Very informative site is all I can say.

My question relates to Tremec TKO boxes. I have a TKO2 that I want to bolt up behind my 1UZ and i'd like to use the THOR RACING TKO600 kit.

I'm finding it hard to locate any information on the TKO2. I just need to know if they're dimentionally the same as the TKO600 and ultimately, if I can use the THOR RACING kit.

Any help would be appreciated.

I did search the Tremec website but found nothing on the TKO2. Also, when searching the net, I can't find much on the TKO2. Maybe the box doesn't exist? Maybe I have a TKO600?

If I do have a TKO2, I would love to know how it compares to the TKO600, Specs etc

The TKO 1 and TKO 2 Boxes are the first design of the TKO series. They are pretty much indentical the the TKO 500 and TKO 600 boxes except at a bit lower power rating. IIRC, the TKO 1 is 350tq rating and the TKO 2 is 450tq where as the others are 500 and 600 respectively.

You should have no problems with using the THOR Racing Kit.

Cheers for that CJ.
I've been doing some more research and what i've found supports what you told me.

I'm not worried too much about the lower rating as I have a nice Albins gearset on it's way

Cheers for that CJ.
I've been doing some more research and what i've found supports what you told me.

I'm not worried too much about the lower rating as I have a nice Albins gearset on it's way

No problem cuh8er. Like I side, everything should work as if you were using a TKO 500 or 600.... I ment to add in the other post that I had just recently swapped a TKO 600 inplace of a TKO 1 in a Mustang, 100% direct swap using the bellhousing, shifter, driveshaft, ect... from the TKO 1 setup that was already in there.
LOL, I definitly know that the older TKO 1 will not handle 550TQ and drag slicks........... He gernaded the box right off the line. I dont think that the car rolled more the 15, maybe 20ft (5 or 6 meters)... It shattered 1st gear and broke the input shaft.