TRD Supercharger Vs. STS Turbo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
i suspect the sts system would sound funny. i just sold my trd s/c and will go with a turbo. i like the sts concept, i can build my own for cheaper, but im concerned it might sound weird.

You can build it alot cheaper. Make sure to use small turbine and larger compressor with a big wastegate. That is the main idea of that system. Small turbine will help spooling and reduce lag.

Lextreme said:

You can build it alot cheaper. Make sure to use small turbine and larger compressor with a big wastegate. That is the main idea of that system. Small turbine will help spooling and reduce lag.
thanks, hey, i dont know squat about turbo sizing ans a/r, trim info. where can i find that stuff? id like to properly size a turbo system for my 2uzf. also, is it ok to run a single turbo from just one/half of the motor or do i have to go with twins? im looking for a cheap FI application i can build myself. it doesnt have to look pretty.

How this work is to have the exhaust gas go directly to the large wastegate is would say about 50-60 mm. The turbo will be install slightly infront of the wastegate. I am not sure if the tundra have dual or single exhaust pipe. If dual, i am sure there is a joining of the two pipes somewhere after the cats.

You can not just put one turbo on one side of the engine. Either combine or dual turbos. Since your truck is so high up, you can do low mounts like i did before. Turbos are located right after the header.

STS uses Garrett GT35R as their upgrade. I would suggest that turbo. Contact TPS for special price. Joe will take care of you. Garrett Turbos Specs The trick question would how are you going to take care of the oil return.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1838&highlight=turbine