Transmission

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tsirovy

1990 LS400. RPM guage doesnt work (stays below 0- <2000 range when driving). Cannot push accelerator hard or else major shuttering and no acceleration occurs. Recently changed No.2 speed sensor as it was throwing code and showing these symptoms. After replacing the sensor there are no CEL or Flashing O/D light indicators. Still having accelerating problems. Will drive ok UNTIL warmish about 3-5 minutes of driving at slow accelerations.. Then it stops driving "accelerating" and wont accelerate until I STOP the car, Turn it off for 20-25 seconds and restart. Then it operates normal, gets up to speed with out accelerating hard for another 1-5 minutes. I can continue this process to get where I need to go, BUT for how much longer?? Also I know its slipping when I drive because it rapidly shoots my rpms upwards of 3000+ which is relative to what I would consider redline, that again is b/c my rpms are way off!

FYI: 207,000 miles, The color of the tranny fluid looks like OIL!!

At the end of the week I am buying a case of Toyota Type IV fluid to flush and replenish- also cleaning the screen filter. I feel like this could be causing my problems however why would I be able to stop and restart my car and it operates "normally" until it slips again.

Got those bearings in and sounds great again! Anyway without any indication from the rpm guages- obviously.. the car idles perfect and revs just fine in park and neutral. Why do you ask?

Tranny flush with Toyota Type IV and cleanout of screen solved all problems associated with symptoms