TPS Fault 41

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Drewpee

Hi guys.

My UZ powered Monaro has been going strong for about 5 or so years now. The only real problems have been an having to replace an ECM about 2 years ago. Now I think my second ECM might be dieing as well.

If I stab the go pedal the engine will rev to 3500 to 400rpm then cut off the injectors. The engine dies until the revs drop to about 2000rpm then injectors re energize to start the cycle again.

Checking for codes I get a 41 TPS fault. After about 30hrs of checking wiring and testing the only thing I have found wrong is the voltage between TPS terminals IDL1 and E2. I get 0.0v with throttle closed and only 1.5v open. At open it should be 9 - 14v.

Question is, is the ECM stuffed or can something be causing the lack off voltage?

hehehe
its so easy to wire one up
but bloody hard diagnosing probs

with so many people on here handing our diagrams surely one would know how to diagnose hehehhe

idl1 should have 12v when thorttle is open
and this comes from ecu so maybe yr ecu is stuffed again
r u running a manual or u just plan to run std ecu to do auto and adaptronic to
do engine

did i
i must have been generous back then heheheh

well code 41 says its tps signal and doesnt say anything bout idle contact
maybe its just as simple as changing tps

just remember if yr tps is stuffed it will still play up on yr adaptronic

heheheh
i guess u have never been is a nicely worked ls2 or 3
both in n/a trim a 1uz just doesnt come close in power
the 1uz is only smoother

anyway ive driven a 1uz for many years and got over it very quickly hehhee

I don't need to get the kids to school any faster than I do now(40km zone). Hehe, Chev wasn't an option when I did the conversion 7 years ago. Motors back then were 8k and up with no gearbox. Now it would be cheap and easier. Just about every part needed for a conversion is available off the shelf.
As for me I earn under $500 a fortnight as a full time Carer of my severely handicapped son along with 3 health kids. My wife runs a small business and doesn't pull a wage most weeks but loves what she does. I,m not complaining (much) after all happiness and good health are more important than money. Its a challenge keeping two cars running but playing with cars is a passion of mine, luckily.

id say ecu is hosed. with the tps unplugged the idl line should have 10v on it. problem with my ecu is with the tps unplugged my vta has 1.7v on it. seems the ecu's always fail in the tps circuit somewhere.

Yep, seems like more and more people are having problems with the ECUs. I remember once upon a time it was thought it was most unlikely you'd have any problems with them. Looks like we faithful will have to get used to fiddling with aftermarket computers.

i sent mine off to A.T.E. to be repaired. they have failed, twice. before i send it back again i want to buy a replacement ecu, but cant find one for a reasonable price. local junkyard sells them "refurbished" whatever they mean by that for an astronomical amount. once i have a replacement ill give A.T.E. 1 more shot, then ill be demanding a refund. itd be nice if they could fix it properly so id have a spare. problem is the 93-94 ecu are hard to find. i can find 90-92 all day for dirt.