Toyota Sequoia Engine swap? New here also

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Steedog

Hello all,
I just joined this great site, and had a probably simple question for all of you. I own a 2002 Toyota sequoia 4wd which I understand uses the 2UZ-FE, engine and has 240HP. Now I know newer sequoias also use 2UZ-FE, so what kind of problems would I run into if I wanted to swap mine out for a 2UZ-FE with more HP. I guess another way to phrase my question is, would a newer sequoia engine fit right in to my 2002, without any trouble? Also should I assume that the 1UR-FE and 3URFE would not work as well? Oh and I need a new engine by the way. So I'm not just doing this out of curiosity . Thanks to all of you in advance.

Well, not a truck expert but I believe the newer engine are VVTi which would require changing all of the systems that are ECU controlled including transmission and possibly guages. I also believe the earlier engines are low compression. If you want power going with a stock rebuild with higher compression, mild port work, headers would be worth some power.

You could also rebuild with strong pistons and rods and build a blower engine which would probably be easier and maybe cheaper than converting to VVTi.

Of course you could also just go with a different engine altogether like a GM LSx engine.