Timing belt jumped a tooth?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

mxcowboy1

Hey Guys Ive recently got hold of a I believe a 1991 Lexus Soarer sc400 UZZ31
GT Limited
It has a couple of issues

Firstly the error codes

ETC 63 which is no2 shift solenoid? This would seem correct because it often shifts straight from 1st to 3rd

Where can I get a solenoid from?

And whats a good service manual to get a hold of?

Then theres error code EFI 13 which is RPM circuit no2 or cam sensor??

Been told this could be a timing belt problem so I took the covers off to line up the marks and my belts marks have rubbed off but from pics iv found on the net of the marks lined up im fairly confident the left cam wheel has jumped 1 tooth as the mark on the tooth that should line up with the timing mark isnt even touching the belt but would if i rotated it one tooth clockwise is there a way to let tension off the belt to turn the cam wheel back without pulling the balancer off etc etc

I flick the hydraulic tensioner out , adjust the belt, compress the tensioner and refit it.

If #2 solenoid fails the gearbox should not be able to select 2nd or 3rd. First is #1 on #2 off. second is #1 on #2 on. Third is #1 off #2 on and overdrive is #1 off #2 Off. If you use the over drive button you should be able to work out what gears are there. I would be checking for driver signals at the ECU and the solenoid plug before removing the trans pan.

Check out the tuturial on how to do the cambelt in the DIY section at the bottom of the page. That will show you that the tensioner can be accessed from under the vehicle. Cheers

Got rid of the EFI error code, rotated both cam gears 1 tooth clockwise, what is likely to have been the cause of this? Human error having installed the belt wrong or would they both have jumped an if so does this mean my tensioner isnt working correctly?

Still chasing the Trans problem, if I bridge the te1 an e1 with overdrive button off I get ECT NG then it goes to ETC -- and no code comes up
If i turn overdrive switch on I get ETC 63 and the overdrive light flashes out 6 and then 3

When driving originally it made no difference if I had overdrive on but tonight if I have it on It beeps and the overdrive light flashes and ECT comes up on the dash.
Im thinking that Its an overdrive problem, but in saying that it also doesnt always downshift at WOT though it seems to shift better once its been driven a bit...

Generally timing out a tooth is human error.

For your solenoid issue simple enough to check if the ECU is driving the solenoid. I would check at the ECU first. Then check at the transmission plug. If its driving it then replace the solenoid. If not then look into ECU repairs. Other option is a broken wire so it will have voltage at the ECU and not the transmission. I have a little two channel scope I use for this but a LED test light works fine. There are soarer diagrams in the diagrams section at the bottom of the page. Cheers