Timing belt issue and plug covers?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mike_roberts

Hi there, I have a 1uz that as far as I know is a 96-model celsior motor, it had the large plastic cover over the top and the plastic body hot wire AFM.

I've followed tutorials on this site to strip the motor down to the timing belt, which I’m now ready to remove, but I cannot get the marks on the old belt (CR, L-cam, R-cam) to line up with the marks on the cam and crank pulleys.

To my way of thinking once the belt that’s on there is all lined up like so I can just take it off and slip the new belt on with the marks all in the same position.

Am I going about this the wrong way?

Also where might I find replacement sparkplug covers, or after market ones (I have seen a 1uz with carbon fiber plug covers) I'm also after the v8 badge for the top of the intake manifold instead of the Toyota one.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks!

Don't worry about the marks on the old belt, just line up the marks on the pulleys and the block / heads. Just double check the marks after you put the new belt on it's easy for it to slip round a tooth while putting the new belt on. Genune belts have lines on them which make it very easy to line up.

Your pretty much there.

So what I want to do is remove the old belt, line up the marks on the cam pullys with the marks on the head, and line up the crank pully with the mark on the block, then put the new belt on so the marks on the new belt line up with the marks on the pullys, so once done all 3 marks (belt, pullys and block/head) should line up.

Then is it best to turn the motor over by hand to feel if a valve hits?

I presume once I turn the motor a few times or so the marks on the belt will be way out of alignment with the marks on the cams and crank pully as it is now with the old belt?