tacho reading low? UCF10 celsior

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

monkey

not too long ago i noticed my tacho is reading low.. it used to idle in neutral no aircon at around 300rpm indicated beauitfully doesnt miss a beat, recently i noticed it seems to be reading lower on the tacho.. not just by a little but alot! same conditions now its barely registering on the tacho while still idling nicely???
and theres no error code coming up for this specifically i have a code 56 in the trc but that has been there before it started reading low on the tacho..
also when held in gear it will not rev past 4000rpm it hits the rev limit just before 4000 could this be the normal rev limit just the tach is reading wrong?
car drives fine feels and sounds normal.
any help is appreciated

low tacho!!

Hi guys I have come across this problem before with celcior tachos what it turned out to be is the neddle has broken loose from the shaft they are glued originaly and with age it separates from the shaft .
To fix it you need to pull the dash out and pull the face cover off give it a good clean with plastic cleaner while it is off . you should be able to move the needle very very gently so that it sits in the correct power off spot same as the speedo. once its in the right spot put a tiny drop of epoxy glue on the shft under the needle .
It is a very delicate job so take care if you attempt it. you may also find the black paint on the illuminated needle is coming off try not to disturb it it is a very small neon tube and gives off heat so if you have to repaint it use a high temp paint.

Regards oz.

Attachments

• tt 001.jpg
    tt 001.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 25
  • tt 002.jpg
    tt 002.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 19
  • tt 003.jpg
    tt 003.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 15
  • tt 004.jpg
    tt 004.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 25
  • tt 005.jpg
    tt 005.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 12
  • tt 006.jpg
    tt 006.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 13
yeah i had this problem, i fixed it about a month ago. didnt even seem like there was any glue on there orginally, but yeah do what he says guys, and BE CAREFUL, there are two coils that go around to the needle, its very very delicate.